Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ultra 250 missing hose

I am reviving a neglected 08 ultra 250 with only 14 hours on it and have had it out this morning for some sea trials. I am getting an intermittent flow of water from the bypass on the hull. After the first run I came back and hit the fitting with some compressed air and it began to flow nicely on the hose. Second run everything looks good 15 minutes into it bypass starts the intermittent thing again and it signals an over heat. Let her cool off, crippled her back to the trailer. and brought it home to pull that fitting and hose and clean it out. While digging through the manual I remembered a fitting in the hull at the bottom left of the pump that had no hose on it and seemingly no where to connect it. I believe it may be the outlet for water from the intercooler. I could not find that fitting on the fiche or in the manual. What is it and where is it supposed to be connected. Any help would be greatly appreciated its been in the garage for a year and the wife really wants me to take her for a ride on it

Well she has 17 hours on it now and I have a sunburn..lol headed to the inn for some dinner and drinks. 27 looks no replies well I guess the mystery will remain unsolved for now. Thanks anyways ..lol.

+1
    yes you are correct its the outlet from the I/c look on the inside and trace it probably why know one has responded as its a no brainer lol.

the pissers do block occasionally from salt crystal or sand against the internal gasket, get a piece of wire and push it through the fitting on the manifold. other than that if its getting a high heat alarm tell us what the code on the dash exactly reads as it could just be inlet air temp sender.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    yes you are correct its the outlet from the I/c look on the inside and trace it probably why know one has responded as its a no brainer lol.

the pissers do block occasionally from salt crystal or sand against the internal gasket, get a piece of wire and push it through the fitting on the manifold. other than that if its getting a high heat alarm tell us what the code on the dash exactly reads as it could just be inlet air temp sender.
    I would have traced it but I was on the tail end of a nearly 200 hour resto project on the machine that started with three days of matt removal ( spent 2nd of those days discovering this forum looking for answers to get the buggers off.). I own a forum of my own for an unrelated subject and I know how hard it can be to answer the same old question time and time again or at the very least posting a link and a reminder to use the search function. So I really do appreciate you taking the time to make a post to reassure me that I was correct thus saving me having to remove the seat support and go exploring again. The ski ran fine for three hours yesterday after I ran a paper clip up into the pisser. My wife was quite happy and I learned a lot. I am a life long boater but this is my first runabout. I played around on an early jet ski in the late 80's early 90's but never had to work on it. Here is what I learned yesterday... and what I did today. Name:  IMG_0036[1].jpg
Views: 156
Size:  94.5 KB
    Hmmm will have to work on that upside down thing... anyway GPS bracket prototype installed and water proof GPS with marine charts secured. Not used to being that close to the water its a whole new world..lol Here is where I started...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1228.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	3060184 years out in the sun not covered and not ridden.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1227.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	306020MIrrors boke up, cowling split Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1199.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	306023 2 rocks in the pump and a piece of rope around the drive shaft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0035[1].jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	306017  

This is what it looked like yesterday...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0034[1].jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	306024

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0032[1].jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	306027

Quote Originally Posted by MaineiacMoose View Post
    This is what it looked like yesterday...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0034[1].jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	306025Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0030[1].jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	306026
    Hmm sorry about the messy post seems Ill have a wee bit more learnin to do before I try that again.

+1
    wow im tripping out now lol, the pisser on the manifold is located behind the manifold gasket they don't take much to glog up easiest is to push some wire through and break up the gasket a little nice effort on the ski. hope you upraded the jet pump shaft and bearings if not make that your next priority also clean up the s/c pulleys (remove the plastic cover and bin it) apply fluid film or similar to the font and edge of the pulleys so as they don't rust. also glue the air intake horn in as its sure to rattle loose.

wow im tripping out now lol, the pisser on the manifold is located behind the manifold gasket they don't take much to glog up easiest is to push some wire through and break up the gasket a little nice effort on the ski. hope you upraded the jet pump shaft and bearings if not make that your next priority also clean up the s/c pulleys (remove the plastic cover and bin it) apply fluid film or similar to the font and edge of the pulleys so as they don't rust. also glue the air intake horn in as its sure to rattle loose.
    Ordering the shaft and bearings this week. Plastic cover coming out tonight so I can send the fiber optic camera down under the motor to look for anything that shouldn't be there. Swinging by the store on the way to the ramp tomorrow for some fogging oil, some fluid film and the goodies for a second oil change. Going to run her around the island ( Kent Island ) with a m8 tomorrow and swap out all of the fluids and give her a good once over again when we get back. You know I had that intake horn off while I was exploring the ski to see what I had gotten myself into and thought that seemed a bit loose. What type of adhesive are you suggesting, some 5200 maybe ?

+1
    super glue, silicon, sikaflex anything really. what a lot of guys fail to see, is under the intake above the fueltank there is a clear tube empty it after each ride if it has water in it it is an indicator you have injested water so fog the super charger if its dry all is good if it has oil in it you need to inspect and clean the I/c periodically. if you find water entering the front white bucket under the hood, lay another seal on the top surface of the bucket same as whats under it. there are some great tips and builds for the 250/260 on this website 250xtech.com

super glue, silicon, sikaflex anything really. what a lot of guys fail to see, is under the intake above the fueltank there is a clear tube empty it after each ride if it has water in it it is an indicator you have injested water so fog the super charger if its dry all is good if it has oil in it you need to inspect and clean the I/c periodically. if you find water entering the front white bucket under the hood, lay another seal on the top surface of the bucket same as whats under it. there are some great tips and builds for the 250/260 on this website 250xtech.com
    Man going after that tube after each ride means pulling those wicked little plastic rivet's out of that cover inside the nose each time I ride it... They give me quite a fit last time broke one getting the idea, maybe I should just install some studs and use acorns eh? Anyway... looks like I will be pulling the motor out of the thing this winter unless I get lucky. I went after that plastic cover hiding the sc belt and much to my surprise that vanity plate bolted to the top of the manifold was off and down by the drive shaft coupling. Put the camera under the motor and in every crack imaginable and no signs of spare parts. I did not however find either of the 2 screws that held that vanity badge on to the manifold. Sure hope I am reunited with them before they cause any damage or I pull the motor this winter to find them and go through everything again and get it ready to race next year. Once again many thanks to you nicjak. By the way the next project is a carb job and reassembly of a 1200 lx how knowledgeable are you with Yamaha's...lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information