Seadoo lrv rebuild?

Hello all. I am new to this forum and new to jetskis in general. I am interested in doing a project but I am going to need quite a bit of guidance so any input from everyone out there would be greatly appreciated. So I wanna take the 4 passenger seadoo lrv and take out its stock engine and put in something like a small block v8 in there...something in the realm of 300-400hp. Im assuming I would need a larger jet pump, larger impellar etc....but I don't know exactly what i would need. Is there anyone that can help me research what more I would need? If a small block wouldnt fit what would be the largest engine I could fit? and than maybe supercharge it? I dont' wanna build something that will be at extreme stress and only last a short time...I understand this is going to require quite a bit of moding but as of now I dont no where to start? Can someone point me i the direction of what kind of engine, jet pump, impeller, etc to use....where to get it...how much it cost rouphly so I could get an idea of how much all this will cost...any input is greatly appreciated...thank you everyone in advance....

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Look at marine engines rather than automotive. Watercraft require a lot of special things which car engines do not provide.

Compact engine size, very low crank shaft position, water jacketing on everything, no drive belts, marine grade sealed electrics and fuel system, etc.

The stock SeaDoo 4-Tec engine is rated at 255hp in supercharged form, and many have boosted these engines beyond 300hp. The Yamaha four cylinder Waverunner engine has similar power capability.

What is the purpose of your conversion? Racing, recreation?

+1
    This is a pipe dream. A small block will sink an LVR in 2 seconds. Not to mention custom jacketed headers are a fortune. That's all provided that it even fits. Go buy a Jersey Speed Skiff

4. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    This is a pipe dream. A small block will sink an LVR in 2 seconds. Not to mention custom jacketed headers are a fortune. That's all provided that it even fits. Go buy a Jersey Speed Skiff
    Well what do you think the largest that will fit is? I've seen that someone has but in a mercury v6 in? The setup I was looking at looks like it weighs around 300pounds more...and I'm not building for racing but recreationally really

+1
    the hull opening on the LRV is very narrow , not much is going to fit in there, we did a 4-tec conversion at DCC earlier this year, and it required a bunch of fabrication, but it can be done, had to remove the rear motor mounts and the exhaust to get the engine into the hull. it turned out to be a great machine

Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    the hull opening on the LRV is very narrow , not much is going to fit in there, we did a 4-tec conversion at DCC earlier this year, and it required a bunch of fabrication, but it can be done, had to remove the rear motor mounts and the exhaust to get the engine into the hull. it turned out to be a great machine
    Ok sounds good....so which engine 4 tech engine do you recommend? And how much hp does it have and or can it have with modifications.... how fast did the one you guys build turn out...you guys get 60-70 mph out of the thing? Can the stock jet pump still handle it? And lastly what's a rough ball park number for the cost of the project? Thanks in advance

+1
    i believe it was a 215 motor, but your best bet is to get a whole doner ski, as you will need everything from the fuel tank to the pump, we had to cut thr floor and intall plates to put the motor mounts, we machined the driveshatf od down to fit through the thru hull fitting, alot of work, hope your ready for a project and 70 is a pipe dreqam, its a huge ski to move thru the water

Thread Information