Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for some advice

Hello, I'm a longtime lurker and finally signed up today. You guys have helped me repair my older skis a couple of times, so thank you!

Last year, I bought a GTR 215, and I absolutely hate it. Hate it. I live on a smaller lake, so I rarely get any waves to jump, and when I do, the GTR is so slow and so freaking heavy that I can't get up and out of the water at all. I've thought about modding it, but I've decided to just chalk it up as a very expensive mistake and give it to my wife.

I used to have an old GSX RFI that was perfect. I could absolutely fly on it. I could get up out of the water on glass.

Im looking for a light SeaDoo. Preferably a two seater. I'm not towing (I have the slow-arse GTR to pull stuff), it has to be able to jump!!! I don't care about top speed, but it has to go over 50. I'd like to buy brand new, but any recommendations would be helpful. Please help me out before I make another mistake!!

+1
    Put it in sport mode.

"if you're already did that" you could look at an older RXX or a 2008-10 RXP-X if you want to stay 4 stroke. I'm thinking you need another two stroke though.

+1
    Sounds like you're looking for a two stroke.

I had thought about getting another old one, I just don't want to waste another summer fixing it everyday. What would be the newest 2 stroke made?

I stay in sport mode. Touring mode puts me to sleep.. ;^}

sn, do you use factory impeller?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadHatter View Post
    sn, do you use factory impeller?
    yup, I only have 4hrs on it, but I like it a lot so far. that said, I ride on lake Michigan. "no problem getting air off the waves here"

Yeah I could imagine. I'm on Conesus lake in NY. Just a little pond.

I wonder if a solas impeller could fix my hatred for this machine. I have 20 hours on it. At 10 hours I could break 70 on glass. I'm stuck at 64 now. I checked my impeller and wear ring and they are both solid.

+1
    Yeah I could imagine. I'm on Conesus lake in NY. Just a little pond.

I wonder if a solas impeller could fix my hatred for this machine. I have 20 hours on it. At 10 hours I could break 70 on glass. I'm stuck at 64 now. I checked my impeller and wear ring and they are both solid.
    If anything I would go with a 3 blade impeller for better hole shot, but if you're changing just a prop your gain will be minimal.

+1
    Hello, I'm a longtime lurker and finally signed up today. You guys have helped me repair my older skis a couple of times, so thank you!

Last year, I bought a GTR 215, and I absolutely hate it. Hate it. I live on a smaller lake, so I rarely get any waves to jump, and when I do, the GTR is so slow and so freaking heavy that I can't get up and out of the water at all. I've thought about modding it, but I've decided to just chalk it up as a very expensive mistake and give it to my wife.

I used to have an old GSX RFI that was perfect. I could absolutely fly on it. I could get up out of the water on glass.

Im looking for a light SeaDoo. Preferably a two seater. I'm not towing (I have the slow-arse GTR to pull stuff), it has to be able to jump!!! I don't care about top speed, but it has to go over 50. I'd like to buy brand new, but any recommendations would be helpful. Please help me out before I make another mistake!!
    This surprises me....I thought the GTR 215 was just a mini rocket. Obviously it is not as quick as the 260's but just the same it is still supercharged.

Cya

+1
    Closest thing is an RXP if you want a smaller hull but 4 stroke. Other than that an RX hull, maybe the carbed 951 version if you went 2 stroke. Will not find a small acro hull like the GSX these days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information