Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

2012 RXPX - Riva Gen 3 Install gripes

I'm going to start with my general gripe, So in the last 3 months I've bought thousands of dollars in parts from Riva for the PX. Every time I go to install something it seems like it just doesn't quite fit, or just doesn't work as advertised.

So I go to install my IC, hard pipes, remote mount bracket and well it doesn't fit without removing the resonator box. I call Riva and they say "Oh yah you need the Free Flow Pipe...or go with the rear exhaust setup". Not wanting or drill a huge hole in the back of the ski or make it louder, I go with the free flow pipe. I go to install the IC again and well the IC Bracket is pressing very hard against the rubber coupler to the free flow pipe. In other words the sh#t doesn't fit AGAIN!. I call Riva again. Now I'm told I have to go with the rear exhaust setup. Which actually comes with their water box I'm told.

At this point I really don't want to do a rear exhaust setup. I'm probably going to just put the IC in the stock location. The other possible option...it looks like I can cut the corner of the IC bracket and drill a new hole. Just not sure what else might not fit once I do that.

Does everyone that installs the Remote mount IC's either Riva or Fizzle go with the rear exhaust exhaust? Does somebody have a pipe that will work from the water box to the stock exhaust outlook with the Riva IC bracket installed?

Any ways I'm just irritated. I've had my ski apart twice now trying to make something work that should've been figured out clearly by Riva. I don't mind spending money to save myself time and have parts that fit well but I have evidently failed on all accounts. It just seems like Riva isn't test fitting all this stuff in the new PX.

Let me just say the guys at Riva will bend over backwards to try to make things right but gees they could save themselves and me allot of aggravation if they just didn't release parts until to they are test fit for the newer ski's. Maybe I'm asking to much.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    That's Riva for you! I've had issues with nearly everything I've ever bought from them over the years.

The new P-X hull is a pain in the ass to work in, and I recently had to install a Gen 3 twice. The first one they sent me was blown right out of the box
    With that being said.... I would highly recommend everyone pressure test the Riva coolers prior to installing them. For as much as this Gen 3 costs... one would think that this would have already been done prior to shipping it out.

+1
    I will definitely be pressure testing mine...THX.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    That's Riva for you! I've had issues with nearly everything I've ever bought from them over the years.

The new P-X hull is a pain in the ass to work in, and I recently had to install a Gen 3 twice. The first one they sent me was blown right out of the box
    With that being said.... I would highly recommend everyone pressure test the Riva coolers prior to installing them. For as much as this Gen 3 costs... one would think that this would have already been done prior to shipping it out.

NFW
    I just chucked the one I had sitting around in mine. I did notice rpms down a little with the Gen3 compaired to my stock 08.

+1
    Troyheb,

So you have the 08 IC in the stock location with a tubing kit? I like the sound of that. So you think there is maybe a little more pressure drop across the Riva than the 08 IC and temp decrease of the bigger core isn't enough of an offset?

+1
    Yes. I ran a 08 IC with the pipes for over a year. I just recently put a gen3 in. After seeing BigDaddys vid, I think I am going to put my 08 back in. I definitely am going to see if the gen3 is leaking.

+1
    Any easy way to pressure test an IC without installing it in the ski?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Yes. I ran a 08 IC with the pipes for over a year. I just recently put a gen3 in. After seeing BigDaddys vid, I think I am going to put my 08 back in. I definitely am going to see if the gen3 is leaking.
    If that cooler in my video was tested out of the ski..... it would have been blowing water like a fire hose! Keep in mind there was still an outlet & bleeder that was not pinched off on that cooler. I never thought I'd need to pressure test an $800 cooler prior to installing it!

Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    Any easy way to pressure test an IC without installing it in the ski?
    You can do it with any cheap pressure tester. What psi are you checking these at? I read the winterizing procedure and it says after flushing engine use 100psi??? at hose connection to clear out remaining water. Doesn't this seem extremely high?

+1
    I thought the gen 3 was a direct replacement for the stock cooler in the stock location with the tubing upgrade?? On the '12'13 PX?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information