Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vibration from??? shaft??

hi, I have a 2004 gtx w/70 hours...just had supercharger rebuilt and now seem to be getting a pretty good vibration from I'm guessing the shaft area?..I've checked the implellar, looking through nozzle and from underneath looking through grate and all looks fine though the shaft does have some rust...I know on other skiis there is a grase fitting for where the shaft goes thru floor but havent noticed one on this ski...Any ideas? Any somewhat common causes for this? ski is super clean....thanks for any help!!

+1
    You might have something wrapped on the shaft.
    Or you bent your impeller??

that was my thoughts but does not seem to be it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by phumb View Post
    that was my thoughts but does not seem to be it

you could have something stuck in between the impellor blades,take the pump off and inspect everything....thats the only way your gonna really know whats up..you could have a loose prop,nose cone loose...anything like that...

thanks again...I was reading another thread and someones pump bearing blew...could that be it? they also said no "telltale" noise when on trailer...what would that sound like?.....I know, looks like pumps gotta come off.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by phumb View Post
    thanks again...I was reading another thread and someones pump bearing blew...could that be it? they also said no "telltale" noise when on trailer...what would that sound like?.....I know, looks like pumps gotta come off.....
    I highly doubt its your bearing,he is one in a million that i have heard of with bearing failure......

+1
    Around here the idiots like to start their ski in ankle deep water. 90% of the time it's a shell or rock jammed somewhere in the pump assembly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Around here the idiots like to start their ski in ankle deep water. 90% of the time it's a shell or rock jammed somewhere in the pump assembly.
    They do it here to. Starting and stabbing it in shallow water will fubar your wear ring/prop etc quick!

+1
    I had a guy ask me one time why i push my ski out so far before starting it, I just said I like my wear ring and prop.

Funny thing was later that day his buddy sucked up some junk from starting it in the shallows. it vibrated like crazy. I helped him pull the pump there on the beach and get the junk out that was stuck between the wear ring and the prop. 5 min later he started it up in the shallows again.. I guess its true you can't fix stupid.

hey guys, thanks again for replies...appreciate it!...I MAY have found problem...I removed grate and the black rubber in front of impellar is a little away(forward) of impeller...I could not easily get back to where it seams it should be....do I need to pull pump? and other advice? thanks again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information