Syracuse NY

Taking on water....NO IDEA

Took the seadoo out this weekend, It was bogging town at low speeds and sometimes shutting off. I figured maybe it was because I had just installed proks and the carbs needed a little adjustment? Well after a few days of that I went full throttle and immediately lost power, only able to do 35 until about 50 yards from the dock when it shut off and wouldn't start. Thank god I had a paddle. I got to the dock, took the seat off to find about an inch and a half of water in the bottom. I figured it just normal from riding hard all day. I went up to camp to eat and planned on messing with it after. I came back down about two hours later to find it half sunk, and the engine completely submerged in water. With the help of friends I brought it to the ramp, put it on the trailer got as much water out of the cylinders as possible dumped dry gas in the tank and cylinders. I noticed the rave valve above the waterbox was disconnected, and there was a hole in the plastic exhaust silencer thingy. We connected it back up, and got it going, and ran it to get most of the water out. We then backed the trailer up and started it with the ass in the water still sitting on the trailer. It ran, but within a few minutes water came in from what looked like the pump or in the center of the compartment... Any ideas? I'm going to bring it to someone tomorrow but thought I would get some insight first...

Put some water in the hull with it on the trailer and see where it leaks from.
    That's the best way to find your leak.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    my money is on the carbon seal/ring....

4. +1 by:

Thread Information