2005 GTI LE-RFI Rear Cylinder Problem

It was running fine, and then just went into limp mode with the maintenance light on. Got it back to the dock, and noticed that the rear cylinder wasn't firing since there was wet residue on the spark plug. I put new plugs it, it ran fine for about 40 minutes and then the same thing. Got it back to the dock and again the rear cylinder wasn't firing. I switched the plugs around and the rear cylinder still will not run. I checked to see if it had spark and it does, but it appears that it may be slightly un-normal. I'm not sure if the RFI have injectors that could be clogged or if it definitely is the coil pack. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by qr3379 View Post
    It was running fine, and then just went into limp mode with the maintenance light on. Got it back to the dock, and noticed that the rear cylinder wasn't firing since there was wet residue on the spark plug. I put new plugs it, it ran fine for about 40 minutes and then the same thing. Got it back to the dock and again the rear cylinder wasn't firing. I switched the plugs around and the rear cylinder still will not run. I checked to see if it had spark and it does, but it appears that it may be slightly un-normal. I'm not sure if the RFI have injectors that could be clogged or if it definitely is the coil pack. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    You should do a compression test first. Ideally you will have 150 psi in both cylinders. Post the test results and we will go from there.

Compression is ok in the cylinders

Thread Information