Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Talking The 250x Paint job

SO I'am planning on getting my ultra soon hopefully. The dealer called me the friday and said the got a blue one and asked me if i wanted that one and told them no, But the should have a red one soon. when I get it should i go ahead and get it painted a red pearl or should not ride the ski for a little bit and let the paint cure? or should I get the blue.I have had a red gp800r before.But Dont you think you should wax the ski when you get it and then wash it to keep the paint more protected? what should I do?

Advice please?
    Last edited by kaw250hp; 03-05-2007 at 11:15 AM.

Smile paint?

I am going to put mine outside in the sun for the next few days and maybe it will help cure the gelcoat or the paint.........watever it is..............lol.

Can't hurt!

David

Exclamation the 250x

So Hurricane1000 so do you have the red or the blue250x? Is it just the red that has the paint issues or is it the blue 250x ? But I bet you could go to a local paint shop and get a pretty tough candy paint or something unique?

scott

It is starting to look like we need to get in touch Kawasaki and let them know our concerns. Does anyone know who to send emails to or call.

Talking the 350x

Just talked to a guy Nathen from KAwasaki corporate and told him about the paint rubbing and he said he would pas it one and i should talk to my kawasaki dealer about fixing the problem.

scott

DON'T WAX IF IT'S DUE TO PAINT NOT CURED!
    I have a friend that owns a paint and body shop and has been painting my cars and toys for years.... He tells me NOT to wax anything he paints for AT LEAST 8 months (preferably a year)!! During the paint cure the paint actually breathes. Waxing it will cause the paint to not cure properly and possibly crack. After the first year he says keep it waxed with a Carnauba wax.

Not sure what the story is on the red.... I just bought the red and when removing the caution billboards I had paint on my towel. NOT GOOD.

+1
    I've called the dealer and explained it. He is calling it in to Kawi "hot line" tommorow. I don't know if this will make a difference, but this seems to be a wide-spread issue, and not isolated. Please do the same, politely, to your dealer as well. Let them know that this is not an isolated occurance, and that others are checking into it with Kawi as well. The "red on the rag", "scratching with a fingernail" and "paint chipping at the corners", "Trailering burn marks," should be something to mention, IF it's happening to you.

Before you take it back, a mild solution (40/60) of water and white vinegar will remove any wax you may have applied. Just wash the ski, spray on the solution, and gently wipe off. Don't buff it, just dry it. FYI, This also works on waterspots.

RED vs BLUE?

Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys View Post
    I've called ... in to Kawi "hot line"...Let them know ... "red on the rag", "scratching with a fingernail" and "paint chipping at the corners", "Trailering burn marks,"
    Are all the skis with paint issues RED??
    Any paint issues with the BLUE??

250x red

I have already called my dealer and setting up a appointment with kawa rep to show him the problems. Mine has dark spots bleeding through the red paint along with red paint rubbing off at rear foot wells and down the sides. Yea i race it but it still needs to look good for this money.

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    Raise hell with the corporate guys, this is not a local issue !!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information