Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SL 900 to 1050

SL 900 to 1050

So a while back I picked up this out of phase SL 900 and today I finally started the install of the 1050 for it. Been gone too long from the skis but I'm excited to be back and looking forward to the new ride.

So today I got the fuel and oil lines set, set the motor in, and started getting the wiring back together. I need to find the shaft coupler so I can get it aligned with the pump before I get much further but with the humidity I figured this was enought today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1050 Motor.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	140.2 KB 
ID:	305913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1050 CDI.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	305914Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Installed.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	305915

Been gone some time from the boards here and riding the skis as well, sorry I missed out on the gatherings. I also have found my 750 piston melt down problem, the thermostat and plunger were not working properly so in another week I should have both skis up and running.

Mike

+1
    Welcome back..

Mike get that thing done already lol. Then bring it down and we ( Jay and I will take it to the water and give it my favorite test. The stress test. Bring down your carbs separate so we can do the mods to them first. Hurry Mikie hurry, I got a prop for ya to to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroker 1450 View Post
    Mike get that thing done already lol. Then bring it down and we ( Jay and I will take it to the water and give it my favorite test. The stress test. Bring down your carbs separate so we can do the mods to them first. Hurry Mikie hurry, I got a prop for ya to to try.
    And make sure that bilge is spotless.noooooo oooooooooil. No loose wires everything tucked in nice and neat!!!

Yo all i have is the reeds and cages....you guys have my carb rack and the intake manifold that the carbs attach to, I have the air filter and upper airbox. I'm near complete other than a battery. let me know when your ready for it!

I've already lost my 750 to the GF....at least she let me wrench on it....Also she wanted me to thank Jay for the cylinder work....140 psi across the board so now I might actually be close to having a trailer full of running skis.

Name:	Cristian 72813.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	308690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cristina wake zone.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	308691
    Last edited by 92PolarisMike; 07-31-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 92PolarisMike View Post
    Yo all i have is the reeds and cages....you guys have my carb rack and the intake manifold that the carbs attach to, I have the air filter and upper airbox. I'm near complete other than a battery. let me know when your ready for it!

I've already lost my 750 to the GF....at least she let me wrench on it....Also she wanted me to thank Jay for the cylinder work....140 psi across the board so now I might actually be close to having a trailer full of running skis.

Name:	Cristian 72813.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	308690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cristina wake zone.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	308691
    mike is the tank cleaned put back in fuel lines ready, new fuel shut off,pipe and manifold cleaned and ready? Stator in ? Oil tank cleaned with new filter and ready? And do you still want to take a shot at my slh 700? I saw you eyeballing it at the shop like you wanted a piece of it lol. Lets get that 900 going what have you been doing man? Sleeping!! Lol, your gonna really like that 1050 after riding a 750!!

Quote Originally Posted by 92PolarisMike View Post
    So a while back I picked up this out of phase SL 900 and today I finally started the install of the 1050 for it. Been gone too long from the skis but I'm excited to be back and looking forward to the new ride.

So today I got the fuel and oil lines set, set the motor in, and started getting the wiring back together. I need to find the shaft coupler so I can get it aligned with the pump before I get much further but with the humidity I figured this was enought today.

Name:	1050 Motor.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	140.2 KB 
ID:	305913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1050 CDI.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	305914Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Installed.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	305915

Been gone some time from the boards here and riding the skis as well, sorry I missed out on the gatherings. I also have found my 750 piston melt down problem, the thermostat and plunger were not working properly so in another week I should have both skis up and running.

Mike
    Mike , It looks like someone puked in your bilge!!!! Lol. Get it clean!!! Jay has all your parts. Did you find your coupler yet, and do you have a new battery? Do you have new seals and bearings for stator , and seals and bearings for drive shaft housing? Make sure you have everything new, don't take any chances!!

Banned User
    +1
    Puked in the bilge????? Thats funny!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Thanks Brian. I know you can appreciate a cleeeeen bilge. Your stuff is mint!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stroker 1450 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Thanks Brian. I know you can appreciate a cleeeeen bilge. Your stuff is mint!!!
    Mike you know I'm just bustin on ya!! Please let me drive your Pontiac !! That's a sweet ride but my neon is still sweeter lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information