Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    2013 rxp x intake grate

    Im going to try the r and d intake grate. Is there a certain type of caulking I need to seal around the intake grate?


  2. #2

  3. #3
    dpracing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    1,244
    +1
    246
    Just some blue locktight on the bolts. no sealer needed

  4. #4
    ZeXteR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    79
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pusateri View Post
    Im going to try the r and d intake grate. Is there a certain type of caulking I need to seal around the intake grate?
    Use blue loctite at intake grate bolts and aply black sylicon (loctite 59 between intake grate and hull.

    This is the more safe mode to install. If don't have a 598 loctite, you can use other sylicon but, remember to use it.

  5. #5
    dpracing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    1,244
    +1
    246
    The factory has no sealer between the hull and the grate. When I r&r'D mine. I installed it like the factory without any issues. JMO

  6. #6
    ZeXteR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    79
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dpracing View Post
    The factory has no sealer between the hull and the grate. When I r&r'D mine. I installed it like the factory without any issues. JMO
    Mr. Like Factory, you can waste your time to help the people to use or make the better form to install any part - with good recomendations. You understand the sylicon will help the bolts and don't say any risks to this procedure. Help other users to secure procedures, or (close your mouth).

    Bye Mr. Know all (xp 800 at picture - ho ho ho).

  7. #7
    dpracing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    1,244
    +1
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeXteR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dpracing View Post
    The factory has no sealer between the hull and the grate. When I r&r'D mine. I installed it like the factory without any issues. JMO
    Mr. Like Factory, you can waste your time to help the people to use or make the better form to install any part - with good recomendations. You understand the sylicon will help the bolts and don't say any risks to this procedure. Help other users to secure procedures, or (close your mouth).


    Bye Mr. Know all (xp 800 at picture - ho ho ho).
    Lmao.
    Last edited by dpracing; 07-11-2013 at 06:40 AM.

  8. #8
    dpracing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    1,244
    +1
    246
    Lmao.

  9. #9
    dnielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,018
    +1
    94
    I ALWAYS use a sealant on mine as I am running higher speeds than stock, more of a safety issue for me plus I get a better transition between the grate and ride plate once the seams are filled and smoothed.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RXP X intake grate choices
    By surfsupcharlie in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 01:34 PM
  2. RXT-X and RXP-X intake grate are they the same??
    By t_hoang02 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 11:27 AM
  3. dose RXP-X Intake Grate fitt with RXT-X
    By tottii in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 03:30 PM
  4. Riva RXP-X intake grate question...
    By rx4pain in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 10:43 PM
  5. Rxp-x Intake Grate
    By hartley1080 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 10:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •