+1

Ultra 260 easy mods and tweaks

Hey guys i know im far from home here in the Kawasaki section but i promise i come in peace.

a good buddy of mine came out to the lake to run me and a friends skis. needless to say our highly modified boats pulled him as well as give him the mod bug. He really wants to start doin a few things.

What are some cheap and easy mods that you would recommend for an Ultra 260. I was thinkin an intake, intake grate, and exhaust would be a good way to get started. is there a resonator that can be deleted and straight piped on our own or does he need to buy the kit?

also as far as the intake i was going to recommend some good ole kana-flex and a velocity stack. Can you run a 4 inch on the Ultras? would i need an adapter of sorts?? I havent looked at the pump/nozzle set up yet but can the bucket be trimmed down like on sea-doos to create less drag??

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks,
    Troy

+1
    tell your mate not to waste his money the 260 will never wake up, no matter what you throw at it. get him to change over two a 300 then you will be the one chasing his ass down

to be brutelly honest all the parts you listed wont make it all that much faster forget the exhaust altogether as that does zilch except giving the rider headaches. put a riva plate on it if he wants a little more speed but it will suffer for handling. intake grate wont make it faster either will kanaflex. the s/c is the onething holding it back

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    tell your mate not to waste his money the 260 will never wake up, no matter what you throw at it. get him to change over two a 300 then you will be the one chasing his ass down

to be brutelly honest all the parts you listed wont make it all that much faster forget the exhaust altogether as that does zilch except giving the rider headaches. put a riva plate on it if he wants a little more speed but it will suffer for handling. intake grate wont make it faster either will kanaflex. the s/c is the onething holding it back
    what about a smaller pulley? i noticed some in the store.

P.S.- i ran a 300x and walked off on it as well lol. Not as bad as the 260 but yeah and im jealous of how those things can take the chop!!

+1
    smaller pulley creates other s/c issues and doesnt give much more top speed just awesome bottom end pick up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    smaller pulley creates other s/c issues and doesnt give much more top speed just awesome bottom end pick up.
    ok cool i appreciate the help man i really dont know much about these kawis..

i think i remember reading somewhere something about de-limiting an ultra. Does that apply to a 260?

+1
    no mate not on a 260 have a read on 250xtech lots of build info there on the older 250/260s

Thread Information