Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1

Thumbs up R&D Plate and Stock Grate

After messing about with the R&D Plate, Grate and Stock bits, for me, the Stock Grate and R&D plate is a pretty good handling combination.

Rough water and general handling is better. Turning feels better and a little sharper.

I did lose about 1 MPH by doing this; the best I got on the weekend was 73.6 MPH.

The only pain is the speedo's accuracy on the R&D Plate. Has anybody been able to fix this? I tried to machine the plate so the speedo sits lower, but it hasn't really changed.

Cheers, Mal

+1
    hey mal sounds like you need to talk to tommy and get hold of the gps adapter i maybe interested also hit us up with the details tommy

+1
    Good point, I forgot about that. How much is one for us poor Aussie's Tommy?

+1
    Mal FWIW I run the stock grate and R&D plate on my race 300x. It gets complimented every tour stop. Play with your plate and you can get some of that speed back.

+1
    Oh and one other thing, WHY in the bloody hell are you worried abut what speed your dash is saying? If you can look down at your dash you are not riding hard enough. The other thing about the dash speed, it doesn't matter what it reads as long as you are in front of second place.

Banned User
    +1
    He's probably just anoyed with it like I was and wants it to display right. If you simply want correct speed by the auto meter GPS module cheaper and it's waterproof ipx7 and smaller. The one I had done is for doing other things as well.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Nothing to do with speed, it's the distance travelled I'm after. I use that as a rough gauge of how far I can go. I normally ride 60-70 miles each time. When the fuel gauge gets to one bar, as we all know, you don't really have a way to track how empty it really is unless you keep an eye on running time or distance. I've been using distance.

I've got a GPS on the ski for maps etc, but it's not as easy to reset the trip meter in that as it is on the dash. I never really look at the speed I'm doing, unless it's on the GPS and I've been testing or checking something.

Cheers,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    After messing about with the R&D Plate, Grate and Stock bits, for me, the Stock Grate and R&D plate is a pretty good handling combination.

Rough water and general handling is better. Turning feels better and a little sharper.

I did lose about 1 MPH by doing this; the best I got on the weekend was 73.6 MPH.

The only pain is the speedo's accuracy on the R&D Plate. Has anybody been able to fix this? I tried to machine the plate so the speedo sits lower, but it hasn't really changed.

Cheers, Mal
    I filed my speedometer mounting surface so it sets the wheel lower in the water,, mine now reads 67 mph anything above 7500 rpm.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post

Cheers, Mal
    I have to say the Stock Grate + R&D Rideplate + Riva Sponsons has performed/felt pretty well for my riding conditions (Open Sea with mixed chops) The Stock Grate provides superb hook on the water and the R&D Rideplate makes the craft even more tail stable.

However, there are two issues:

1). Speedo Reading Messed up
    Ever since I installed the R&D Rideplate, the speedo of my 300X is of cos... way off. I stopped looking at the speed for a season but now I kinda want to fix that. What should I do to lower the speedo wheel sensor? A little details are much appreciated. Thanks..!

2). Reverse Bracket Partially Blocked
    The extended R&D Ride plate is in the way of the reverse bracket. This prevents me from fully engaging into reverse thus losing quite a bit of reversing power. Do you guys trim the reverse bracket?

Cheers.

+1
    You can machine the plate a bit, that will lower the wheel but it doesn't make it read like stock. I might play around with it a little more to see if I can get it working better.

As for the reverse, you can adjust trim and give it a little more power if you need to reverse faster.

cheers, Mal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information