New Ultra LX Owner.....First Timer

Been wanting a PWC for years, had boats for awhile years ago but wanted to get back out on our local lake so Picked up a 2012 LX with 30 hours on it. Been out in it twice and it runs and handles beautifully. I ride double with the wife so for us I think it is perfect. Glad I found this forum as I have never had a Jet Ski and really know very little about them.

I need to learn such things as how to winterize, change the oil, etc as I like to work on all my own machines.

Also looking forward to learning all I can about this model. Like I said so Far I love it and had always had good luck with Kawasaki 4x4's and bikes.

+1
    Welcome to Greenhulk and the Kawasaki Family.
    As far as that ski the most important thing about it's care is filling the tank before you head out for the day.
    It is a gas and go ski whose engine has been around almost too long. Very reliable just take care of it. Follow the manual for pre and post ride care along with proper plug and oil changes. One thing I do recommend is keep a spare set of plugs with you and make sure the plug socket and wrench for it are in your took pouch. Not all have had the problems but the plugs can just all of a sudden decide they had enough. Usually just one of them not al 4.
    Winterizing, just blow it out well and if you have a long winter fill it with non ethanol fuel. This may be some sunoco Optima race fuel if you do not have a nonethanol station near you. Yes it is a little more than pump gas but MUCH safer to just sit there for months. Fill it and put the cover on until the spring.

Cool Thanks Man. I guess I will pick up a plug or two. So far loving this thing

+1
    While yes I love my 300 and competing on it, I have said it before and I will say it again the Ultra LX is my favorite ski and what I consider the perfect rec ski.

Thread Information