+1

My First Four-Stroke..Ultra 300x

I just purchased my first four stroke ski 2011 Ultra 300x with 28 hours on the clock. I always rode two strokes. My question is what do you do after every ride? I know to flush it but; is there something I should lube or check?

Thanks for any help...

+1
    Read the Owners Manual.

There is a great deal of information posted in there - that you should familiarize yourself with - even before blasting on your new machine.

Congratulations on your recent purchase, and have FUN !!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    Read the Owners Manual.

There is a great deal of information posted in there - that you should familiarize yourself with - even before blasting on your new machine.

Congratulations on your recent purchase, and have FUN !!!

I would love to but; the owner is looking for it. I might have to buy one online.

thanks

+1
    Welcome to the 300 Family.
    There are tons of post about our different levels of pre and post ride care. Some like myself are a bit extreme but most of us love to tinker with our machines also so it is more fun than work.
    Enjoy your new to you ski.

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Yep, you really need to get hold of the owners manual.

In simple terms you need to flush, wash the engine everywhere, fog and get the water out of the waterbox.

The only thing I've changed from my STX-R to 300x is I spray the fogging oil into the engine while I blip the throttle. Other than that the post ride care is the same for me.

Have fun.

Cheers, Mal.

+1

Post Ride

Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post

In simple terms you need to flush, wash the engine everywhere, fog and get the water out of the waterbox.

The only thing I've changed from my STX-R to 300x is I spray the fogging oil into the engine while I blip the throttle. Other than that the post ride care is the same for me.

Have fun.

Cheers, Mal.

When you say fog, do you mean pull the plugs and fog the cylinders? Also, how do you know if there is water left in the waterbox?

thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rrt898 View Post

Have fun.

Cheers, Mal.

When you say fog, do you mean pull the plugs and fog the cylinders? Also, how do you know if there is water left in the waterbox?

thanks
    There is a fogging port under the glove box that you spray into when the engine is running so that you lubricate the internals of the supercharger. There is no more water left in the waterbox when you give it a rev and no more water shoots out the exhaust at the back of the ski. Straight after you flush it and remove the hose rev it around 4 times to get most water out. Then what i do is once ive finished cleaning all the ski and spraying etc ill start it up again and give it another good 4 revs. Tilt the front of the ski up to get the most water out, that is the key . Enjoy your new toy

Chad

+1

Thumbs up Ultra 300x

Quote Originally Posted by ULTRA3N View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rrt898 View Post

Have fun.

Cheers, Mal.

thanks
    There is a fogging port under the glove box that you spray into when the engine is running so that you lubricate the internals of the supercharger. There is no more water left in the waterbox when you give it a rev and no more water shoots out the exhaust at the back of the ski. Straight after you flush it and remove the hose rev it around 4 times to get most water out. Then what i do is once ive finished cleaning all the ski and spraying etc ill start it up again and give it another good 4 revs. Tilt the front of the ski up to get the most water out, that is the key . Enjoy your new toy

Chad

Thank you very much......

Thread Information