Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    2004 Virage 800 Problems

    Hello guys, Im still trying to figure out the problem with my ski. I put a new battery and new spark plugs (the correct ones) before it would run fine and then bog out, I would turn it off and on and it would run fine for a couple of minutes. I have checked the cables and everything is tight, the display turns on and off even when the ski is off and nobody is touching it. the ski starts up perfect and will idle for hours, once you hit the gas it tries to go but doesn't. Right now if I start it up cold I will rev up perfectly and you couldn't tell there is a problem once it hits the water and warms up it doesn't work. I have been to a couple of shops and some tell me its a stator problem, another tells me its the computer, other says its an electrical problem. HOW CAN I FIX THIS THING??????


  2. #2
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,574
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Luichi787 View Post
    Hello guys, Im still trying to figure out the problem with my ski. I put a new battery and new spark plugs (the correct ones) before it would run fine and then bog out, I would turn it off and on and it would run fine for a couple of minutes. I have checked the cables and everything is tight, the display turns on and off even when the ski is off and nobody is touching it. the ski starts up perfect and will idle for hours, once you hit the gas it tries to go but doesn't. Right now if I start it up cold I will rev up perfectly and you couldn't tell there is a problem once it hits the water and warms up it doesn't work. I have been to a couple of shops and some tell me its a stator problem, another tells me its the computer, other says its an electrical problem. HOW CAN I FIX THIS THING??????
    Describe this more completely.

    What exactly is the display doing?

  3. #3

    2004 Polaris Virage problems

    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luichi787 View Post
    Hello guys, Im still trying to figure out the problem with my ski. I put a new battery and new spark plugs (the correct ones) before it would run fine and then bog out, I would turn it off and on and it would run fine for a couple of minutes. I have checked the cables and everything is tight, the display turns on and off even when the ski is off and nobody is touching it. the ski starts up perfect and will idle for hours, once you hit the gas it tries to go but doesn't. Right now if I start it up cold I will rev up perfectly and you couldn't tell there is a problem once it hits the water and warms up it doesn't work. I have been to a couple of shops and some tell me its a stator problem, another tells me its the computer, other says its an electrical problem. HOW CAN I FIX THIS THING??????
    Describe this more completely.

    What exactly is the display doing?
    Please see video attached

  4. #4
    after its in the water it will run fine for about 30 seconds then it rides like if it had a carburetor problem and its a fuel injected engine.

  5. #5
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,574
    +1
    1,272
    Either that display has gone crazy or the electrical connections to the display are bad.

    I would unplug the display and directly power it from a battery. Use a fused wire to apply power and a ground. Make very sure you get the correct pins and the correct voltage polarity. Pin diagram via my signature links, in the MFD section.

    If display is OK by itself, then start tracing and testing wires in the wire harness. Something is wrong somewhere.

  6. #6
    could this be also the cause for the other problems im having?
    should I still worry about computer or stator problems?

  7. #7
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,574
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Luichi787 View Post
    could this be also the cause for the other problems im having?
    should I still worry about computer or stator problems?
    Figure out what is going on with the display. That might shed some light on the other issues.

  8. #8
    I went through your links and saw there are different ways to bypass the display.
    Which one applies to mine? 2004 Virage I 800DI
    Thanks in advance!

  9. #9
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,574
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Luichi787 View Post
    I went through your links and saw there are different ways to bypass the display.
    Which one applies to mine? 2004 Virage I 800DI
    Thanks in advance!
    You have the MFI display, as do all Virage and Genesis models. Once unplugged, only one jumper wire is needed to bypass the security feature and allow the engine to crank.

    That jumper wire goes between the Black wire and the Purple/White wire (going from memory here).

    To bypass the LR-503 Start/Stop module, Search on here for LR-503 in my post titles.

    Then look for the bypass method for LR-503 with a single plug connector.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *Need help*Big problem 2004 virage wont start [emoji20]
    By notorious01 in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 06-15-2017, 09:08 AM
  2. 3 Years of problem, 2004 Virage not solved :(
    By Kory70 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-28-2015, 01:59 PM
  3. 2004 virage I 800 runs good, then won't start after warm
    By mainepilot in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 05:38 PM
  4. 2002 virage start problems
    By bigh62 in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 10:11 AM
  5. 2004 MSX 150 problems
    By Rocky Balboa in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 11:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •