+1

Need a new ride

So I have a
    Polaris MSX 140
    Ultra 250
    FZR
    i need one more reliable 4 stroke.
    dont like the price of an RXP-X
    although I think the reverse and auto neutral is bitchen!!
    we're mostly on the river and I'm thinking the n/a 1800 might be a good fit-looking for opinions

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    So I have a
    Polaris MSX 140
    Ultra 250
    FZR
    i need one more reliable 4 stroke.
    dont like the price of an RXP-X
    although I think the reverse and auto neutral is bitchen!!
    we're mostly on the river and I'm thinking the n/a 1800 might be a good fit-looking for opinions
    I'd get the Yamaha VXR. Perfect for river riding and it's a n/a 1800 like you suggested. It has the acceleration and top speed (almost) of the rxp-x, but no supercharger to worry about. If I was rich, that's what I would get.

+1
    Rich? I'm not rich and I have one. It actually has a higher top speed the seadoo and kawasaki stock. I gps speed ran mine against a rxt 215 sc. I was 67 mph stock while the seadoo was 64.3 stock. Stock ski pound for pound the VXR is the best bang for your buck

4. +1 by:

+1
    The VXR or VXS is a good ski and very reliable. I am sure other brands are good too but I am kinda biased lately. If you are looking for huge speed then this isn't the ski. I am stuck in the mid 72's and a highest of 73.2 and if I do the reflash it will only add hole shot and more midrange. the best thing to me is that it's running on 87 octane which is pretty much at any gas station....it's easy to wrench on and only needs a couple mods or run it stock. There are several members with huge hour VXS/R's and only a few issues. Ck out the sticky in 4 stroke section. Good luck. Bruce

I've been looking at new skis quite a bit lately and honestly never gave the VXR/S a look because i knew it was NA and i wanted something faster than what i thought that ski would run....then i came across something not sure how and saw that this ski typically ran 66-68mph gps stock and it certainly got my interests...it doesnt have the features that say the gtr 215 has which is the other ski i was looking at, but at the same time that means less things to break making it theoretically more reliable...plus no supercharger to worry about..it has speed, easy maintenance and reverse which is about all i want...the neutral would be nice and so would trim(only thing i think that i want thats not on this boat) but overall i think i am going for one in the near future(but i love the look of the 2012 carbon so im looking for that one specifically as soon as i get the girl on board with me about it haha)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by demented View Post
    I've been looking at new skis quite a bit lately and honestly never gave the VXR/S a look because i knew it was NA and i wanted something faster than what i thought that ski would run....then i came across something not sure how and saw that this ski typically ran 66-68mph gps stock and it certainly got my interests...it doesnt have the features that say the gtr 215 has which is the other ski i was looking at, but at the same time that means less things to break making it theoretically more reliable...plus no supercharger to worry about..it has speed, easy maintenance and reverse which is about all i want...the neutral would be nice and so would trim(only thing i think that i want thats not on this boat) but overall i think i am going for one in the near future(but i love the look of the 2012 carbon so im looking for that one specifically as soon as i get the girl on board with me about it haha)
    That's the one I got. You can trick it in neutral. Just pull reverse half way and it sits pretty still. Also with a few mods less the a couple g's, it will get 75mph. Which is pretty decent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1373465080341.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	306180   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1373465097603.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	306181  

+1
    Where are your black side rails?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCanuck View Post
    Where are your black side rails?
    I painted all the parts myself. The side rails are a different plastic and are hard to get right. I will order the black kit soon

+1
    That's the one I got. You can trick it in neutral. Just pull reverse half way and it sits pretty still. Also with a few mods less the a couple g's, it will get 75mph. Which is pretty decent.[/QUOTE]
    I don't know about 75 mph but close and 87 octane!!!!!

+1
    So I went with the VXS, nicer color and it does everything we need.
    If really like that trick XP but for that money I'll buy another CL55 first

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information