Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

i had to...another hack job

remoevd my hood when i was doing all my wiring. I was taken back at how heavy the hood was. had to hack it up

she lost a few lbs now. .. and the hull certainly will get fresh air now also

next, with the help of a friend that knows how to do fiberglass work, i'm trying to make my own hollow fiberglass seat it's a long shot, but what the heck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01326.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	18023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01371.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	18024  

Nice, as if your ski wont be light enough with yourself on there, you may just "take off" if your not careful

Steve, you gotta find something else to do when your bored Leave that sucka alone... ...PR...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RustySeaRustyDoo View Post
    Nice, as if your ski wont be light enough with yourself on there, you may just "take off" if your not careful
    you know what Brian... my experience is that weight here and there doens't really make much of a difference at all. especially the miniscule weight things i do... lets say i take 50lbs of weight off my hull... no different than putting a 50lb ligther rider, ur not gonna see a 1mph increase, no way in hell.

it's mostly psycological in my opinion...

you start scrapping a hundred lbs, then we're talking about some more noticeable changes. kinda like when you have a topped of tank of fuel versus a fuel buzzer screaming a you... you can lose 75+ lbs of fuel from full to empty

and besides... i put on some weight past few months. i just hit 140lbs so the hood reduction should compensate for the weight i used to be

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post

and besides... i put on some weight past few months. i just hit 140lbs so the hood reduction should compensate for the weight i used to be
    Switch to lite beer shibby.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    you know what Brian... my experience is that weight here and there doens't really make much of a difference at all. especially the miniscule weight things i do... lets say i take 50lbs of weight off my hull... no different than putting a 50lb ligther rider, ur not gonna see a 1mph increase, no way in hell.

it's mostly psycological in my opinion...

you start scrapping a hundred lbs, then we're talking about some more noticeable changes. kinda like when you have a topped of tank of fuel versus a fuel buzzer screaming a you... you can lose 75+ lbs of fuel from full to empty

you're only 140?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    you're only 140?
    yes sir please don't beat me up ur judge me bc of me weight, LOL

think i lost credibility on the site bc of my weight now? lmao

Steve, is that the finished product? you took the whole bottom out? Are you worried about water coming in or the hood flexing around?
    It is definately a heavy mofo. Not fun trying to put it back on after paint by myself....

+1
    yea, that's it.

only thing i added since those pics was the latch at the top.

still need to tidy up the wires

i'm not worried about water... when i wanna go out and travel a distance and ride for awhile, put the front bucket in the ski.... problem solved. every drop of water will go in the bucket, not in the hull.

race days, calm days, speed days... take the bucket out

i'm not worried about water getting in the hull tho.... water isn't gonna hurt anything getting water splashed in here and there.... duck bills and a bilge pump, good enough for me. if you have your stock bialers still, then who cares, the water will get sucked out

not worried about flexing. with the latch lined up, the hood is on there solid, and the hood still has plenty of strength to it, it's pretty rigid. this hood with the entire bottom section removed is still more rigid and safe than a brand new GTI or VX110 hood, lol

obviously is ur gonna submarine the ski or go surf jumping in 10 foot waves, stupid idea... but i can bet you dont see kerry hibdon, or jerry, or JD 1 submarining their skis and jumping surf... that's now what our skis are geared to do

+1
    Steve,
    go have that tapeworm looked after!!! I think one of my legs is 140lbs!

Has anyone ever succesfully moved the battery to the back of the ski? Say where the sound suppression used to go, beside the intercooler?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information