Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,464
    +1
    4

    i had to...another hack job

    remoevd my hood when i was doing all my wiring. I was taken back at how heavy the hood was. had to hack it up

    she lost a few lbs now. .. and the hull certainly will get fresh air now also

    next, with the help of a friend that knows how to do fiberglass work, i'm trying to make my own hollow fiberglass seat it's a long shot, but what the heck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01326.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	18023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01371.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	18024  


  2. #2
    RustySeaRustyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay-Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    1,788
    Nice, as if your ski wont be light enough with yourself on there, you may just "take off" if your not careful

  3. #3
    Steve, you gotta find something else to do when your bored Leave that sucka alone... ...PR...

  4. #4
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,464
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by RustySeaRustyDoo View Post
    Nice, as if your ski wont be light enough with yourself on there, you may just "take off" if your not careful
    you know what Brian... my experience is that weight here and there doens't really make much of a difference at all. especially the miniscule weight things i do... lets say i take 50lbs of weight off my hull... no different than putting a 50lb ligther rider, ur not gonna see a 1mph increase, no way in hell.

    it's mostly psycological in my opinion...

    you start scrapping a hundred lbs, then we're talking about some more noticeable changes. kinda like when you have a topped of tank of fuel versus a fuel buzzer screaming a you... you can lose 75+ lbs of fuel from full to empty

    and besides... i put on some weight past few months. i just hit 140lbs so the hood reduction should compensate for the weight i used to be

  5. #5
    Matthew K ReDevilRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lemont, IL
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post

    and besides... i put on some weight past few months. i just hit 140lbs so the hood reduction should compensate for the weight i used to be
    Switch to lite beer shibby.

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    you know what Brian... my experience is that weight here and there doens't really make much of a difference at all. especially the miniscule weight things i do... lets say i take 50lbs of weight off my hull... no different than putting a 50lb ligther rider, ur not gonna see a 1mph increase, no way in hell.

    it's mostly psycological in my opinion...

    you start scrapping a hundred lbs, then we're talking about some more noticeable changes. kinda like when you have a topped of tank of fuel versus a fuel buzzer screaming a you... you can lose 75+ lbs of fuel from full to empty

    and besides... i put on some weight past few months. i just hit 140lbs so the hood reduction should compensate for the weight i used to be
    you're only 140?

  7. #7
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,464
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    you're only 140?
    yes sir please don't beat me up ur judge me bc of me weight, LOL

    think i lost credibility on the site bc of my weight now? lmao

  8. #8
    Moderator The Bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wilmette, IL
    Posts
    8,373
    Steve, is that the finished product? you took the whole bottom out? Are you worried about water coming in or the hood flexing around?
    It is definately a heavy mofo. Not fun trying to put it back on after paint by myself....

  9. #9
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,464
    +1
    4
    yea, that's it.

    only thing i added since those pics was the latch at the top.

    still need to tidy up the wires

    i'm not worried about water... when i wanna go out and travel a distance and ride for awhile, put the front bucket in the ski.... problem solved. every drop of water will go in the bucket, not in the hull.

    race days, calm days, speed days... take the bucket out

    i'm not worried about water getting in the hull tho.... water isn't gonna hurt anything getting water splashed in here and there.... duck bills and a bilge pump, good enough for me. if you have your stock bialers still, then who cares, the water will get sucked out

    not worried about flexing. with the latch lined up, the hood is on there solid, and the hood still has plenty of strength to it, it's pretty rigid. this hood with the entire bottom section removed is still more rigid and safe than a brand new GTI or VX110 hood, lol

    obviously is ur gonna submarine the ski or go surf jumping in 10 foot waves, stupid idea... but i can bet you dont see kerry hibdon, or jerry, or JD 1 submarining their skis and jumping surf... that's now what our skis are geared to do

  10. #10
    Hydrotoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    16,712
    +1
    85
    Steve,
    go have that tapeworm looked after!!! I think one of my legs is 140lbs!

    Has anyone ever succesfully moved the battery to the back of the ski? Say where the sound suppression used to go, beside the intercooler?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. receved this in an email and had to share it.
    By Krazy-K in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 11:44 AM
  2. This Had to be Frustrating to do
    By howestek in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 02:39 AM
  3. I just had to buy it today.............
    By WATER WOODY in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 11:36 PM
  4. Sorry Shibby I Had To Do It
    By Pettee in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-23-2006, 12:25 AM
  5. Didn't know the darn VTS had to come out!
    By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-06-2005, 04:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •