I need pump help

I've been reading all threads and i'm even more confused then I started.

My 2006 FX HO needs a pump refresh. It's bone stock minus a riva air filter. I get full RPM and I come out of the water ok 1/2up. Add a third person or try to tow a tube/kneeboard and it cavitates but it does come up. Tried to pull a wakeboard out of the water and I could not.

Also by myself when I do full turns and come out of them it'll cavitate as well.

I sealed up the pump last year with some 3m silicone and it improved greatly, impeller was at the very end of the spec.

I'm now seeing noticeable gaps - I want to replace the wear ring since it has scrapes in it and I want to do an impeller as well. Depending on what direction I go i'd like to replace the intake.

But my confusion comes from all the options I have.

Intake, which is better, Riva/R&D? I'd like to pickup the matching pump seal kit with it. Differences between the two? Benefits?

Wear ring, I like the idea of the replaceable delrin liners. Impros sells one, SBT, I found a site called precision marine tools that sells one on sale right now for $90. Or do I just go OEM? I don't care about price, just want what will give me the best for the longest time. If I have to spend $40 for a new ring every off-season, i'm ok with that. But if the inserted ones don't perform as well as the stock then i'd rather buy a replacement stock in 3 years which would be cheaper in the long run.

Impeller. Sounds like I want to pickup a 14/20 (which I believe is stock?) - but Solas appears to have different models, and there are other brands. What are the differences/benefits? Which one do I want?

I'm lost and this is going to end up being a good chunk of change so i'd like to minimize trial/error

Thanks guys.

Bumper Anyone have an insight on the wear rings?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    Elephant Butte New Mexico
    if you are in salt water, go witht he delrin wear ring setup, if fresh water the stainless is ok. I leave the impeller biz to somebody else. However if you routinely need power and not top end, make that a clear factor in deciding which prop to use.

Thread Information