Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Ultra 150

+1

2005 Ultra 150

I have my hands full. Just picked up a 2000 Ultra with a blown engine. New engine arrived and will put that in this weekend. My 2005 Ultra I rode it a couple weeks ago and found is very slow out of the hole and it wold only pull 6000 RPM. I rode this last sunday to test and work on it , but found my holder blew out and i filled the ski with water. I am also tearing this one down this weekend to replace the holder and see any obvious reasons why this ski was only pulling 6000 RPM.
    I forgot to ask what is everyone using to silicone the holders in place now? Last time i replace one i used the GE 2 silicone.
    Last edited by DILTS; 07-09-2013 at 02:15 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DILTS View Post
    what is everyone using to silicone the holders in place now?
    ---------------------------
    When I did mine - I used no silicone at all, and had "zero leaks". Just be certain everything is 100% sooooper clean.

The new bearing holder comes with a new rubber and new rubber O-Ring, so silicone is not really necessary.

Reference:

http://ultra150.yuku.com/topic/4195/...y#.Udx5ujs3uz4

BTW - Silicone is for "augmented breasts" :yay2:

Good Luck !!!

+1
    If that is what Silicone is for I am taking two cases home tonight. I will have the 2000 running by sunday night then i can start tearing down the 2005 to find out truly what is wrong with that ski. Will probably use silicone just to be a little on the safe side.

+1
    That thing is only 4 bolts.

If you do develop any kind of "seepage" there, all you have to do is remove the 4 bolts and slide that puppy forward and add your favorite sauce to it and bolt it back up in place.

Everything on mine was so clean I didn't want to spread any stuff on it, and I am glad I didn't cause it didn't need it.

Good Luck !!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009-5.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	306125

+1
    its an easy fix, with all the skis i own believe me it's not the first time nor will it be the last time i do this. I am more concerned with finding out why my Ultra was only pulling 6000 RPM the holder is just making me pull the engine sooner than I wanted to.

+1
    Just did a compression check 119-120-120 all is good there. Now to start building the 2000 get it up and running and then tear down of the 2005.

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DILTS View Post
    its an easy fix, with all the skis i own believe me it's not the first time nor will it be the last time i do this. I am more concerned with finding out why my Ultra was only pulling 6000 RPM the holder is just making me pull the engine sooner than I wanted to.
    Did you check the jet pump bearings? I thought if they go it can let the prop rub. On the holder I did mine without pulling the carbs off. I just lifted the motor enough to slide the driveshaft under it and change out the holder.

+1
    I haven't checked anything but the compression yet. It's been about three years since i have torn this ski down and done a complete check of everything. So i figure i will take this opportunity when i have to replace the holder to just remove the engine and check it all out piece by piece.

Use silicon on that coupler. I have had this happen to me before.. worst feeling in the world. Now this should push you to install a bilge pump. You never know when that seal will go and the only way to tell is to pull the engine and inspect the holder

+1
    Well almost got completed on the engine rebuild on the project 2000 ultra. I broke the PTO coupler trying to take it off so I have ordered another. As for the 2005 Ultra holder, motor mounts and fuel filter are on order. I believe I have found the culprit on the sluggish take off and 6000 RPM issue. There was so much slack in the throttle cable it was awful. I wont know for sure until i have it up and running. MY goal is to have them up and running by Saturday night and test on Sunday. I have decided that i will continue to use the silicone on the coupler just for my own peace of mind. I am on the hunt for bilge pumps for all the skis. So let me know what has been tested and works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information