Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LR module testing??? Error code 17

I have a 1999 Polaris gen fitch. Getting a code 17 (low voltage)> Stators checked ok, Emm tested ok How can I check voltage regulator

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    How was the EMM tested?

On the Ficht engines the LR module does NOT control battery charging. The EMM provides the battery charging function.

EMM Code 17 (Low Alternator Voltage) has nothing to do with the battery or battery charging. That refers to the 45 volt DC power system that feeds the fuel injectors. It can be a false code that sometimes occurs if the engine is otherwise running badly or at very low RPM, so the stator power output sags and creates a low voltage code.

What is wrong with the engine? Is it not starting, or not running properly?

Runs great at first. Wont idol after a bit. EMM tested by DFI tec. Replace stator and flywheel last year, new tps and crank sensor

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz man View Post
    Runs great at first. Won't idle after a bit.

EMM tested by DFI tec. Replace stator and flywheel last year, new tps and crank sensor
    EMM cooling water flow good?

Check wiring I had to srtip wiring harness all the way out and go pin by wire and found many bad splices in the grounds. ALL the red red and white wires had many slpices done by polaris and they where all bad connectons. Did away with there spices and solidered and shrik tubed them all. And I did find out from DFI that all Charging is through EMM It converts the AC voltage from Stator for the 45v and 12V systems. Check all Grounds on engine and Electical box. Some one before me had wires crossed all up. Had bad corrioson on Capacitor and replaced ends Before only had 35 volts ran like Junk. All good now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninetok View Post
    Check wiring I had to srtip wiring harness all the way out and go pin by wire and found many bad splices in the grounds. ALL the red red and white wires had many slpices done by polaris and they where all bad connectons. Did away with there spices and solidered and shrik tubed them all. And I did find out from DFI that all Charging is through EMM It converts the AC voltage from Stator for the 45v and 12V systems. Check all Grounds on engine and Electical box. Some one before me had wires crossed all up. Had bad corrioson on Capacitor and replaced ends Before only had 35 volts ran like Junk. All good now.
    Whose watercraft is this?

The OP is Taz man

I was telling him things to check master Maybe too much for some one to take advice once and a while with noting to do but try to buck up at some one. Duh Some times theres a know it all jack if u can uderstand that.

+1
    I was unsure if you were advising the OP or simply reporting on your own repair.

My understanding is that the 1999 Genesis FFI did indeed have wiring harness issues, mostly at the wire splices. Certainly a lot of work to pull the harness apart and trace and repair it wire by wire! Glad to hear it worked out and your machine is now running well.

I suspect the 1999 Genesis FFI wire harness can be replaced by the wire harness from a 2000 or 2001 Genesis i, but I have not confirmed this.

I have been told that the service replacement harnesses for the 1999 FFI were made using a different source, or at least were better made. I do not recall if the replacement harness had a different part number than the original.

Well How about not jump the gun trying to make some one out stupid. You know other fourms warn to stay away from here because of people here jumping on newbies like wolfs. I seen he had a 99 and seen my 2000 had lots of splices. I also read where another member had same problem. I was just posting my issue i had so he could compare. And yes the 2000 has many splices and if in salt water like this ski was it was all coroded.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninetok View Post
    Well How about not jump the gun trying to make some one out stupid.

You know other fourms warn to stay away from here because of people here jumping on newbies like wolfs...
    The Polaris section of Greenhulk generally has been, and in my opinion continues to be, a fairly welcoming place for new members.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information