Angry 1996 seadoo xp newbie

Hey guys. My names Tom im from Long Island, NY. I bought a 96' seadoo xp 2 weeks ago. I worked great ONCE. First the starter went bad so i started fixing all the wirig. Once i got a new starter i tried to start it. Its cranks but wont start. My neighbor recommended pulling the spark plugs. I pulled both and went to start it and alot of gas is shooting out of the rear cylinder. Which leads me to think something is stuck open. I then pulled the caps off the rave valves to find they look totally different the front had a black washer type of thing with a nut and spring. The rear was just a rubbery green thing with a washer on it. Am i missing parts? Also what could be causing the fuel to spit out like that. Thanks!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TommySlay View Post
    Hey guys. My names Tom im from Long Island, NY. I bought a 96' seadoo xp 2 weeks ago. I worked great ONCE. First the starter went bad so i started fixing all the wirig. Once i got a new starter i tried to start it. Its cranks but wont start. My neighbor recommended pulling the spark plugs. I pulled both and went to start it and alot of gas is shooting out of the rear cylinder. Which leads me to think something is stuck open. I then pulled the caps off the rave valves to find they look totally different the front had a black washer type of thing with a nut and spring. The rear was just a rubbery green thing with a washer on it. Am i missing parts? Also what could be causing the fuel to spit out like that. Thanks!
    Sounds like this ski needs a good once over. Yes, you are missing parts from the rear RAVE valve. Should look like the mag side(front cylinder) with the parts you mentioned above, as for the gas issue it sounds like the carbs need a good cleaning and a needle and seat is stuck open. There is a DIY at the top of the two stroke section you can follow and hit the oem page to order parts

ThAnks man ill try it in the morning!

+1
    Also, battery has to be really good for these skis to fire...

Sounds like your carb is dumping in excess fuel. Did the ski set for a long time without being ran before you purchased it?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vspec1 View Post
    Also, battery has to be really good for these skis to fire...
    correct....they need no less than 12.5V other wise they just dont want to turn over well

Thread Information