Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 2007 gp1300r

  1. #1

    2007 gp1300r

    Hi all, i have an opportunity to pick up a 2007 gp1300r for $4500, which seems like a good deal.

    Assuming low hours and good mechanics, how would this pwc handle choppy conditions? is this a good pwc to crusie on or more for tricks and jumps? i just want to cruise barnegat bay in nj so I'm not sure this is the one for me.


  2. #2
    Is it almost winter yet??? ProXR 440's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Macomb, MI
    Posts
    254
    +1
    1
    I saw your other posts about which ski to look for. GPR's are great skis and can be easily setup to ride how you want them too by adjusting the trim tabs and ride plate angle by just removing the mounting bolts and adding stainless washers as shims when reinstalling. Is the ski you're looking at completely stock or does it have an aftermarket intake grate and/or ride plate on it already?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ProXR 440 View Post
    I saw your other posts about which ski to look for. GPR's are great skis and can be easily setup to ride how you want them too by adjusting the trim tabs and ride plate angle by just removing the mounting bolts and adding stainless washers as shims when reinstalling. Is the ski you're looking at completely stock or does it have an aftermarket intake grate and/or ride plate on it already?
    Looks pretty much stock. The guy who is setting it up says he might add a d plate if necessary but otherwise it looks stock.

  4. #4
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,529
    +1
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by bladdle View Post
    Hi all, i have an opportunity to pick up a 2007 gp1300r for $4500, which seems like a good deal.

    Assuming low hours and good mechanics, how would this pwc handle choppy conditions? is this a good pwc to crusie on or more for tricks and jumps? i just want to cruise barnegat bay in nj so I'm not sure this is the one for me.
    if you are looking for a cruiser , get yourself a 06/07 fx ho it will only cost you extra 1k , and you will be much happier. also they are 4 stroke.


  5. #5
    SuperCharged67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Posts
    1,962
    +1
    76
    This ski is more for jumps, tricks and speed.

  6. #6
    OzarkYamMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lake Of The Ozarks
    Posts
    2,152
    +1
    295
    Hello, you might have already purchased it or passed on it ... but thought I would chime in. I have an 08 GP1300, I bought in fall last year with only 27 like new hours. (really, did look like new). I paid $4.8K for it. So depending on the hours of the ski you are thinking about ... not to far off in price for a low-hour ski in ski season. (You never mentioned total hours use). The GP1300 is a fast reliable fun ski. Overall, not the best for ocean use. The cool thing is if the bug bites you and you want to get a wrench on the ski, you will find no real limit to what you can add or do to the ski. They are capable of extreamly fast performance 80+ , and only still maintain the great Yamaha reliability. Good Luck ... and let us know how you went.

  7. #7
    matthewkylelewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    51
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Hello, you might have already purchased it or passed on it ... but thought I would chime in. I have an 08 GP1300, I bought in fall last year with only 27 like new hours. (really, did look like new). I paid $4.8K for it. So depending on the hours of the ski you are thinking about ... not to far off in price for a low-hour ski in ski season. (You never mentioned total hours use). The GP1300 is a fast reliable fun ski. Overall, not the best for ocean use. The cool thing is if the bug bites you and you want to get a wrench on the ski, you will find no real limit to what you can add or do to the ski. They are capable of extreamly fast performance 80+ , and only still maintain the great Yamaha reliability. Good Luck ... and let us know how you went.
    What is it about them thats not good in the ocean? I'm in the market for a ski also

  8. #8
    OzarkYamMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lake Of The Ozarks
    Posts
    2,152
    +1
    295
    The ski it lite in weight @ 670 lbs. When compared to a the larger 4 strokes @ 900+ lbs. Hull is design for speed. It gets beat a round and the ride is rough in ocean.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2007 Gp1300R
    By ReDevilRXP in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 11:52 PM
  2. pump tunnel 2007 gp1300r
    By nev350 in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 10:52 AM
  3. 2007 gp1300r
    By blake0110 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 12:05 AM
  4. 2007 GP1300r Trivia
    By jcorallo in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 11:04 PM
  5. 2007 GP1300r styrofoam
    By jcorallo in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-19-2007, 08:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •