?? for those that have installed HT mats

is it worth the extra $25 to get them with the 3m adhesive already applied (peel and stick)?

and does it have to be a certain temperature for the glue to dry properly?

+1
    I have never herd of the peal and stick Hydro turf. I have always just used 3M glue from Home Depot or Lowes. Hydroturf rips you off for there glue.

hydroturf w/ 3m

I can't imagine (or actually I can and it isn't pretty) trying to put the HT in without the peel-n-stick adhesive. With the peel-n-stick, you can go slow, take your time, line up the edges, and commit just as much as you want to by peeling as you go (vs. peeling the whole piece & hoping you drop it right). I dunno about the temp... I did it one summer day and it must've been @ 70-ish. I gotta believe it'll have a problem curing below a certain temp, or at least take longer for a good cure the colder it is. It has stayed stuck on w/o any peeling/lifting despite heavy use and it looks/feels awesome. I am glad I got the peel-off version! Just be sure you clean the surface to which you will adhere very well - some kind of alcohol based solution.

Quote Originally Posted by cyoungesq View Post
    I can't imagine (or actually I can and it isn't pretty) trying to put the HT in without the peel-n-stick adhesive. With the peel-n-stick, you can go slow, take your time, line up the edges, and commit just as much as you want to by peeling as you go (vs. peeling the whole piece & hoping you drop it right). I dunno about the temp... I did it one summer day and it must've been @ 70-ish. I gotta believe it'll have a problem curing below a certain temp, or at least take longer for a good cure the colder it is. It has stayed stuck on w/o any peeling/lifting despite heavy use and it looks/feels awesome. I am glad I got the peel-off version! Just be sure you clean the surface to which you will adhere very well - some kind of alcohol based solution.
    thanks, i just ordered them yesterday (w/ the adhesive already applied) so hopefully it will go well. ill be doing mine next week, itll be about 50-60. they will have a lot of time to cure, couple weeks atleast, so hopefully that wont be a problem.

Thread Information