Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New guy here

New guy here

Well, me and the fiance decided to take the plunge, seeing as we life in Florida, why not?. Despite never have ridden a jet ski before, I knew buying these I would have a blast. I figured I love dirt bikes, motor cycles, quads and boats, Id have to love these.

Well, we made our way to Cycle Springs here in Clearwater, and the next day signed on two brand new VXRs.

So far weve logged about 15 hours on them and we've had a blast everytime we get on the water.

Deffinetely looking to be doing some in-shore fishing on this beast as well.

Does anyone do some fishing in the Clearwater area? We tend to launch out of seminole boat dock quite a bit. Having trouble deciding on how I want to rig up a fishing setup.

+1
    Have you been cleaning out the interior after your rides and spraying some silicone or fluid film? Assuming you are riding in the ocean

Yes sir, they both get washed, sprayed and flushed every time we go out. We also fog them but we dont if we are going out the next day.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeB View Post
    Yes sir, they both get washed, sprayed and flushed every time we go out. We also fog them but we dont if we are going out the next day.
    Did your research huh. Just thought I'd let you know

+1
    Welcome to green hulk

+1
    Welcome to Greenhulk! Start your reading search and you will get a wealth of information and knowledge...for free! Your addiction ahs just started and there will be other jetskiers who have the same interest and jetski hobbies as you. There are some fishermen on the board just look around and they can tell you about gear/tackle and how to get started. Use the search button and it will lead you where you wanna go. Great choice in Yamaha's btw.

Thanks pistonwash, we did a lot of reading before even signing on the line.
    I finally experienced some bounce on the way back to the ramp the other night on some glass. Tank was about a 1/4 and it only happened when I shifted my weight back so I'm not to worried about it at this time.

I have noticed I can only get the speedo to read 67~ whereas the first times out we both saw 71. I'm gonna tighten up the throttle cable a bit and see if that's what's going on.

On also seeing less 'snap' then before, going cruising from say 1/2 throttle to full used to be quite a noticeable lurch.

+1
    They have an electronic throttle body. If you look under the farring after you take the seat off you can see the throttle cable to electric converter. If you squeeze the throttle and it goes all the way down then it's right.

Good to know, thanks. Is there a chance they can read the mph when it goes in for service and turn things down a bit?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeB View Post
    Good to know, thanks. Is there a chance they can read the mph when it goes in for service and turn things down a bit?
    You can put the machine into a learner mode to limit things a bit if thats what you were wondering. Done via the keyfob.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information