More XP-DI Issues, Any Thoughts??

Still having issues with my 2004 Sea-Doo XPDI. Finally got it running (ended up being bad air injectors). Ran it on hose for couple minutes to verify all was good, no leaks etc. launched it and most I could get was ~3300 RPM. First thought was fouled plugs or bad gas. Had about 1 gallon of year old gas and fresh BP Amoco 93 octane today for other 13 gallons. Had to ride home from ramp for over an hr like this and no difference. Thought maybe RAVE valves were sticking so pulled the springs out and no difference. Will have to hook up to my candoo diagnostic software tomorrow but any thoughts on this? Could be an exhaust leak but I didn't see anything visually leaking while running on hose. Also, got ski part way up my drive on lift and when pump broke free from water it reved up fine so just doing this when under load. Will change plugs tomorrow and go from there (had fogging oil in cylinders but doubting plugs are causing the problem). No alarms on info center or via audible beeps

Here is a video

-KMT15

+1
    How long did the ski sit with only one gallon of gas in the tank and does the gas contain ethanol? The reason I ask is storing the ski with low fuel allows condensation in the tank and the ethanol absorbs the water. This also leds to fuel pump crossion which is a large contributing factor to the high failure rate of DI fuel pumps.

It was a year but I had stabil in it and it was BP 93 fuel (that's all I run)

Just changed plugs, did nothing. Decided to ground one plug wire at a time and see if it would run on one cylinder. Sure enough, it runs on the rear cylinder alone but not the front cylinder. Compression was 156 and 160 when I checked it (don't recal which cylinder was which but doesn't matter with good numbers like those). Is it possible it's another bad air injector on the front cylinder? How can I test the air injectors? Should I pull the fuel injectors and see of they need cleaned?

I'm gonna re verify spark to eliminate possibility of a bad wire then if that's good, I'll swap air injectors and see if its bad already.

-KMT15

+1
    the troubleshooting charts out of the maintenance manual are pretty good for narrowing down a checklist of items.. its either got to be fuel, spark, or air.. so, start eliminating areas..

id say, swap the air injectors, or swap fuel injectors, see if it changes,
    check fuel pressure,
    check rectifier, check grounding, check TPS, etc..

prolly something simple.. just have to be diligent enough to find it..

It was the air injector. Swapped it out with one I had and ski ran great!! 6800 rpm @ 63.7 mph GPS. GOD I've missed this thing. Put 4.5 hours on it and only burned half a tank of gas.

Funny thing was how many 2 strokes were out on my lake like the day I bought the thing back in 04. Two 2000 RX's, two 2002 RX's, late 90's GS, two 98 SPX's, and a few others. Haven't seen that many 2 strokes out in a long time!

+1
    I'm really ready to get my 03 running right, I miss it. Its the most fun you can have on a smaller ski.. I compared it to even to base model new ones, 1-2 feet shorter and2-300 pounds less, same power.

I will eventually have all the same mods you do.. Level 1 on it now.

+1
    Long live the 2 strokes!

8. +1 by:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	306415

Here's a screen shot from IPhone GPS

+1
    What impeller were you using? fuel level? total weight?

tell me how kick ass that level one is over stock.
    my last ride was last september, and ski was running badass on only 120psi in both cylinders.. so ive kinda lost my comparison ability. im really anxious to get the break-in on mine, and see what that bad boy has for midrange!

It's a PPG Repitched Solas 15/20. Fuel was around half at this time. It will run 65-66 GPS when I put my PPG Repitched Nujet 6.0 prop on it but the Solas has way better low and mid range. Compression is 156/160

Thread Information