Danville, California

Few questions about my 2012 Kawasaki 300LX

First thing I have to say is that I LOVE my 300LX! I just bought it brand new about three weeks ago and it has about 20 hours on it. I do not race it and it is solely for recreational use. I always use nothing but 93 Octane gasoline. I use it in Lake Travis where the water is usually very choppy. My questions are:

1. Should I ride with the trim all the way up in choppy conditions? In what conditions should I use the trim and which setting? Does having the trim up affect gas consumption in any way? Do I want to go through the wave or over it?

2. Gas Consuption. I usually go through 3/4 of a tank in about two hours in ECO mode. Does that seem pretty normal. Is the fuel savings significantly greater in Eco mode? I usually ride for 40 mins straight at 40-55 MPH.

3. I always use 93 Octane. When I'm on the lake most places only have 89. Can I put in the half a tank of 89 with half 93 to make it 91 without affecting performance?

4. After how many hours should I do oil changes? The dealer told me 25 but that seems like a long time. I religiously check the oil and top it off when needed.

Thats all I could really think of right now. Did I mention I love my 300 LX?

Banned User
    Neutral position through the chop
    91 whenever possible mix if only really needed and no other choice. Don't run Eco mode with anything but 91+
    Fuel savings is minimal in Eco mode
    Oil changes at 15-20 hrs is fine for rec user.

Warragul, Downunder
    can i say read the manual it has all the servicing requirements listed in a nice table experiment yourself with the trim as thats the very reason its there everyone likes to use it differently, it wont effect fuel usage in choppy conditions. i only ever used the eco mode once and i was happy with the miles travelled. as tommy said dont sacrifice on fuel as others here have learnt the expensive way. btw we all love our kawasaki 300s

Thread Information