Spark Plug Change on 4-tec

I've been a lurker on GreenHulk for a while now, and finally decided register. This forum has been a wealth of knowledge to me.

This is my very first post here, and while I realize changing spark plugs isn't rocket science, some of the Google searches I did when troubleshooting showed that there are plenty of people who are afraid to try even the most basic procedures on their skis. I blog mainly about geeky stuff I do, but I wrote my first Sea Doo related blog post yesterday (even though I bought my skis new in 2006), and figured I'd share it here. I know there are other How-Tos out there for changing spark plugs, but this one is mine.

Hope it helps someone out!

Welcome aboard the Hulk...

Watch out that you don't catch that mod bug that's going around.
    It's an expensive bug to get over...

Rip on...

Thx, wotxxxsd. I think I've already got that bug, just haven't acted on it yet.

Since I have two identical boats, I think I'll keep one stock "for the kids and wife to ride" (got four kids between 11 and 16), and then one that's "Daddy's Boat." I love 70MPH, but I'd sure love to see 80+.

I own performance vehicles (mostly Italian), and I'm sure the saying from auto racing applies here just as readily: "Speed = $$$. How fast do you want to go?"
    Last edited by Ferrari Steve; 07-11-2013 at 02:50 PM.

4. +1 by:

Welcome to the Hulk.

Palm Harbor
    nice couple of posts on your blog. like the rxp.

Woudn't ya know it? Less than a week after writing this post, ski #2 needed new plugs, too. Have to watch your fingers a bit when changing them out while the engine is hot, but all three plugs can be changed in 10 mins if you have everything handy.

Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Steve I enjoyed reading your blog, very well laid out and informative!

Read this post and attached pdf about anti-seize with NGK plugs from the manufacture.

Thanks, JT!

I read the PDF from NGK, but I feel it's driven more by their lawyers than their engineers.

When I removed the NGK plugs on the boat I changed yesterday, they still required WAY too much effort to remove, and then "snapped" free... which is never a feeling I like.

I still think a little (but not too much, and never near the ceramic) anti-seize is they way to go.

Thread Information