Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

09 DIY rrfpr setup question

hello,

I am looking into building my own fpr setup. I have regulators and whatnot from cars, and the technical aspect I am ok with. My question is, before I pull the pump out, there is a block off plug to bypass the stock regulator that they supply in the kits you can buy. What did you guys do to bypass this? My thinking is it would be easier to plug that fitting and install a bulk head fitting in the plastic top and run a new line.

Please let me know, as I do not want to spend 385 on a kit when I have aeromotive regulators sitting around my house not being used. I saw they make a "diy" kit for the 07 and down, but not the 08 and newer.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and as always, thank you.

Jeff

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning1 View Post
    hello,

I am looking into building my own fpr setup. I have regulators and whatnot from cars, and the technical aspect I am ok with. My question is, before I pull the pump out, there is a block off plug to bypass the stock regulator that they supply in the kits you can buy. What did you guys do to bypass this? My thinking is it would be easier to plug that fitting and install a bulk head fitting in the plastic top and run a new line.

Please let me know, as I do not want to spend 385 on a kit when I have aeromotive regulators sitting around my house not being used. I saw they make a "diy" kit for the 07 and down, but not the 08 and newer.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and as always, thank you.

Jeff
    A Bolt haha. Here is a few pics of mine. I was adding a walbro pump when I had it out. Might be a good idea for you to do the same since you will have the pump out. And yes just install a new fitting on the top and a new line and you are golden.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0058.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	306419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0059.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	306420  

+1

Pics

Few More Pics..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1306604809541.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	306421   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1306604775270.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	306422  

+1
    PERFECT!

Thanks, that is exactly what I needed, and I have a walbro 255 laying around too, so I will change it all att the same time. Thanks for your reply, it is going to make my down time very minimal and quick work of this project.

Thanks again,

Jeff

+1
    Yep, drop the walbro in at the same time, you can do it in about an hour or so. Be careful talking out the pump assembly so you do not damage your float. Try to run the fuel low as well. Also pay close attention to the float rockers at the bottom. When I first had mine out I bumped them out and was wondering why my fuel guage quit working. Took it back out later and figured it out. No problem man, glad I could help.

Oh yea and not sure if you noticed but I replaced the stock fuel line piece with a piece of EFI line and hose clamps. A tip I got from JP1300R

+1
    get a hold of Danny for the rail and mount the aeromotive on it. Tis what I did and it looks amazing. Quality is top notch.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    get a hold of Danny for the rail and mount the aeromotive on it. Tis what I did and it looks amazing. Quality is top notch.
    I would like to have that for the bling but mine is working fine like it is so Im leaving it alone.

+1
    I will be sure to replace it. Did you do the same with your fuel rail too (with the removal ot the molded hose and replace with efi hose)? My ski is not at my house to look at and compare.

Thanks again,

Jeff

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning1 View Post
    I will be sure to replace it. Did you do the same with your fuel rail too (with the removal ot the molded hose and replace with efi hose)? My ski is not at my house to look at and compare.

Thanks again,

Jeff
    No... stock rail and it is working fine so Im hesitant to replace it with the bling bling stuff.

+1
    yeah, I am talking about replacing the pump there, but my question is how did you connect the rrfpr hoses to the fuel rail. did you cut the old molded hose and connect efi hose to the line ends?

I am in your boat though, the hell with the bling stuff, you dont see it when you are riding anyways.

Thanks again for the response though!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information