SeaDoo ECU/Gauge Cluster

I've asked this before but now i forgot what this forum said haha. I have a 2006 seadoo gtx std and just recently replaced the old cluster with a brand new one. The old one had water damage and could not read it. I want to get the hours on the ECU to the gauge. The gauge, since its new, has 2 hours on it when the ECU has somewhere around 110 hrs. I want to be able to see exactly how many hrs are on the entire engine with out haveing to go to the dealer all the time. Do i just go to my dealer and ask them to sync them with B.U.D.S.?

+1
    There is no sync possible.
    Just remember the # on the ecu.

It's not that hard to calculate once you know the # on the engine.

ok but i still have to go to the dealer to get the number of hrs off the ecu right? i thought they could put the hrs from the ecu to the gauge??? i just don't want to call them and they think im an idiot for asking if they can't do it.
    Thanks
    Maverick

+1
    It's not possible to change the hours on the guages.

Instead of paying a stealership why don't you put a thread up asking if somebody in your area has a can doo so they can read your ecu and save you $$$
    I've heard of some crazy prices just to hook up a computer to the ecu..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post

Instead of paying a stealership why don't you put a thread up asking if somebody in your area has a can doo so they can read your ecu and save you $$$
    +1

I know a mec in Kissimmee that will charge around $20 to hook you up!

Quote Originally Posted by tocullo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post

+1

I know a mec in Kissimmee that will charge around $20 to hook you up!
    So what your saying is theres no way for the hours to appear on the new gauge from the ecu?

+1
    I've had seadoo change the hours on an 03 because the ECU went bad. I don't see why they can't change them on an 06 because the gauges went bad

+1
    I was at the local mechanic last weekend to "marry" new gauge cluster to my old ecu and engine. He said that whatever the number of hours is recorded on the gauge cluster it will display. Hours are recorded on the cluster not on the ECM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacek View Post
    I was at the local mechanic last weekend to "marry" new gauge cluster to my old ecu and engine. He said that whatever the number of hours is recorded on the gauge cluster it will display. Hours are recorded on the cluster not on the ECM.
    Just to clarify, this is not totally correct. On the 2006 and newer skis, what you see on the cluster are the hours number stored in the cluster. You cannot change this or sync this to the ECU. The hours shown on the cluster are recorded as the number of hours the cluster has been powered up. The ECU also stores a different hour value. This number is the actual run time of the engine. As you can guess, the powered-up time is always a larger number than the run-time hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacek View Post
    Just to clarify, this is not totally correct. On the 2006 and newer skis, what you see on the cluster are the hours number stored in the cluster. You cannot change this or sync this to the ECU. The hours shown on the cluster are recorded as the number of hours the cluster has been powered up. The ECU also stores a different hour value. This number is the actual run time of the engine. As you can guess, the powered-up time is always a larger number than the run-time hours.
    correct, my cluster died with 110 hours and the new one is up to 5 so far but ecu said 115.

Thread Information