Help new owner needs some direction on servicing before long vaca

Ok, so I bought an 2006 RXT with a whopping 20hrs on it. I bought it from a shop and they say they "reconditioned" it, but what the hell do you do to a ski with 20hrs on it? Swap plugs and oil????

This boat is going to the lake for 10 days of pretty non stop use. I seriously doubt the SC washers have been upgraded. I would like to do this, but I have very limited time, can I source the washers locally here in San Diego? I know there are DIY's but can you tell me how much time it takes?

Lastly, there are three small (half) of a dime nicks in the keel towards the front where the gel coat is missing, should I ask them to fill, sand and color or is that something I can do easily?

Thanks for the help!

For the nicks in the hull, if they're just little chips and some glass is showing, you can get by with just filling them in with a couple coats of super glue. I've been getting away with that for years now, riding out here among all these rocks

+1
    Get the sc rebuilt asap is not already done!!! Those let go, 5000$!!!! the stealer can do it if your pressed for time. As for the nicks, never tried super glue but, repaired mine with a little black gel coat from a local supplier. Couple years now and all ok.

+1
    The first time i did a charger it took me less than 3 hours start to finish and i did it all myself. However i am a long time 2 stroke mechanic and i am very well equipped, i use air tools, i already had a shop press on hand. The how to thread about all of this is very helpful when combined with the shop manual.

As for the nicks, its all about how important the looks are to ya... I have had excellent luck with hardware store 5 minute epoxy personally. I use this stuff for restoring the shape, i mix it and dab it on then tape over it with clear box tape. Then i wipe the excess off with rubbing alcohol. When it's set i peel the box tape and there usually isn't any need for sanding.These repairs aren't pretty but if it's in a spot you can't see anyway like mine usually are it's no biggie. This type of repair will stop the sore from spreading and keep out potential leaks.

The glass is minor, you cannot see it, I am just concerned that long time exposure may deteriorate the glass. Sounds like I can fix that one.

On the SC, what do I need a press for? Push the gear back on the shaft???? I am a long time BMW Mercedes mech, but do most of my work out of my garage. I have lots of tools and cant imagine NOT being able to do it, but I do not have a press.

Thanks for the quick replies!!!!!

+1
    Pull the s/c and see if the ceramics have been changed.
    Post pics and we can tell you.
    DON'T RIDE IT AGAIN TILL YOU KNOW.
    its very costly and time consuming when they break.

Read the sticky on valve failure on 06 and older doos.

Quote Originally Posted by RXPJAY View Post
    Get the sc rebuilt asap is not already done!!! Those let go, 5000$!!!! the stealer can do it if your pressed for time. As for the nicks, never tried super glue but, repaired mine with a little black gel coat from a local supplier. Couple years now and all ok.
    The super glue is nice because it soaks up in the glass good and drys hard like nails, keeping water from soaking in. And, it's quick and easy. Can still touch up paint if needed.

WOW WOW WOW, they sold the ski out from under me, UNFUCKING BELEIVABLE. Good luck dealing with Fun Bike Center in San Diego, never in my 20+ new cycles, atv's, and toys never once had a dealer whelch. UNREAL.

+1
    Hang on didn't you say you brought it. Did you put money down or just a hand shake agreament . sign papers ?
    If you did put money down and sign go back and demand the ski. Its a legal contract

+1
    He's in California.
    Pot is legal...

He was pipe dreaming...
    Puff n dream some more buddy..

Lmfao..

Thread Information