weirdest jet ski problem I have seen

OK, my buddy and i were on the lake today when he landed off a wake and noticed a huge reduction in push to the ski but the engine stayed reving while he hit the throttle. Naturally we both figured something got stuck in the impeller. We check both sides and nothing. I then rode it around for awhile trying to clear anything that may have gotten stuck that we could not see and it would sometimes have normal power and take off and sometimes not as in sit there with rpms at about 10k and going 8 mph. it did this the whole way back to the dock. we noticed no engine cut out or bogging it just revved like something was caught in the pump. We pulled it out of the water and still the whole housing is clear. He did notice earlier that day that his throttle had been sticking wide open sometimes and his emergency engine cut switch not working. Also before even going out today we had to get him a new battery because his 2 month old batt was drained........question is could this all be tied in together and what in the world could be causing this! thanks for comments! PWC is a 2004 ultra 150

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by youcantseeme24 View Post
    OK, my buddy and i were on the lake today when he landed off a wake and noticed a huge reduction in push to the ski but the engine stayed reving while he hit the throttle. Naturally we both figured something got stuck in the impeller. We check both sides and nothing. I then rode it around for awhile trying to clear anything that may have gotten stuck that we could not see and it would sometimes have normal power and take off and sometimes not as in sit there with rpms at about 10k and going 8 mph. it did this the whole way back to the dock. we noticed no engine cut out or bogging it just revved like something was caught in the pump. We pulled it out of the water and still the whole housing is clear. He did notice earlier that day that his throttle had been sticking wide open sometimes and his emergency engine cut switch not working. Also before even going out today we had to get him a new battery because his 2 month old batt was drained........question is could this all be tied in together and what in the world could be causing this! thanks for comments! PWC is a 2004 ultra 150
    Sounds like it may have the Eye glass seal fail. It's sucking air. Or the pump rubber gasket has failed.

Thats sounds bad what does that entail?

Would that leak water in the haul cuz it was bone dry

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by youcantseeme24 View Post
    Would that leak water in the haul cuz it was bone dry
    No, not at all, the eye glass seal ( cause it looks like a pair of glasses) is between the ride plate and the pump tunnel. The pump gasket/ O ring is between the pump and pump shoe( what the pump bolts too)

It sounds like your sucking air somewhere in the pump area.

Pull the pump and reseal

+1
    "The throttle is sticking wide open and your kill switch is not functioning." I would fix this before anything else.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mybad View Post
    "The throttle is sticking wide open and your kill switch is not functioning." I would fix this before anything else.
    x2

Lol yea that just happend he knows how to fix that though

Do you need a special tool to do that one those? So ive heard.

Thread Information