Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

Thank you Jay!!!!!

I just want to put a shout out to Jay (2&4strokepolaristech) for all of his help and awesome work he has done for me recently. His attention to detail on everything he has done for me has been impeccable, and got me back on the water 2 weeks after blowing up my motor. The effort he puts into cylinder boring, the way he cleans everything up and makes it better than new is awesome. How many guys do you know that will completely wash out your cylinders after boring them for you? The crank he sent me looks like he spent about 2 hours in front of a polishing wheel. Just want to say thank you for everything you do, and all of the knowledge you contribute to those of us trying to keep these Polaris classics alive!!!!!!

I am sure there are other guys who can share the same experiences.

+1

I'll second that !!

Nice post Bryan. My thoughts exactly. He takes his rebuilds seriously and tries to make them look as good as they function.
    One of my favorite things is how he can verbalize all of this stuff we read, by memory. He's a certified Master Tech and sometimes it's just easier to call him and ask him something than it is to use the "search function", usually easier to understand as well. Thanks for all you do Jay and the years of Polaris support. Your knowledge is second-to-none.

Some of Jay's works:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DrBones1200MSXMATRIX 1001.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	306562   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DrBones1200MSXMATRIX 005.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	306563   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DrBones1200MSXMATRIX 007.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	306564   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DrBones1200MSXMATRIX 010.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	306565   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DrBones1200MSXMATRIX 022.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	306566  
    Last edited by CrazyA; 07-14-2013 at 08:23 AM.

+1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crank13.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	306567   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crank12.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	306568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	306569   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	201.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	306570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	215.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	306571  

Yes. Thanks Jay for all you have done in helping people on the board!! And myself. I have watched jay at the shop spend countless hours on the phone and helping people at the shop, while trying to do his own work!!! The guys stop in while he is working for free info, and that is all good he loves to help them ,but it puts him behind on the jobs he is trying to get done and as a result he is there late just trying to catch up on his jobs, he takes great pride in making sure those cyl's are perfect after boring them. Checking then rechecking, and as far as the crank wheels your right Brian they look like new when he is done, he spends a ton of time just cleaning them, I have seen some pretty nasty salt water cranks that are mint when he's done. This is above and beyond what he needs to do but he cares!!! Thanks Jay your awesome dude and one of my best and closest friends because of who you are as a person not just what you do for me and everyone else, Kudos to Jay

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    Jay...the man behind Sharp's Marine. The friendly voice who is always ready to help a fellow Polaris enthusiast. I've had nothing but positive experiences with Jay at SMR since purchasing a "one off" 1010 stroker motor off eBay and the countless rebuilds with my '98 (my fault usually!). Without the help of Jay, there would be no more Polaris Pro 785s ripping it up on Lake Conroe just out of Houston. There would be one less Polaris Pro 785s torturing the SeaDoos in region 5 racing. There would be no Polaris Pro 785s topping out at 65+ mph on Caney Creek near Matagorda with the locals complaining but they just don't understand the music behind triple pipes. Not sure why anyone would believe anything but the best comments made by SMR. Thanks again, Jay. Definitely will always be the go-to guy for my engine rebuilding needs.

FYI, you should see my PTO cylinder no later than this Thursday.

Don't be shy guys I know Jay has helped a lot of you, ESP. Yesterday, a certain someone who Jay has helped repeatedly with a sl 650,750 and 900 !!!!

+1
    Thank you all for the kind words! I just am happy to help out! I really don't even know what to say....

Bryan....I am glad to help out in any way that I or we can. I just like to make sure everything is clean and they way it should be. I try and make sure the job is the same for a customer as if it were mine. I do think it is time that you start saving some change for a nice ported 1200 for one of you boats. LOL you know where you can text me...Ronnie and Rich know how to get power out of them.... I just know how to clean the inside....lol

Artie....thank you for the pictures and kind words...I forgot about that motor...wonder if he ever got in in the boat and out of the air conditioning? I can not take credit for the modded heads or the ported cylinders or the perfectly phased crank that the runout was under .001"...I will tell you that you would think the dial indicator was broken how straight they are because the needle does not move....jusy Crazy A...lol You are a great friend Artie!

Richie....Thank you for the kind words as well. I truly value our friendship and I feel the same way about you and your father! I wish I could have moved up here about 10 years ago to help lighten the load that you had at the shop and keep pushing the envelope in what you have both created over the years. But I guess it was not in the cards and everything happens for a reason but I am glad I am here now!!!! I just cant wait to actually start working on one of my own boats and maybe even finishing my 1350. I like your idea for the Red Bull boat....I think we may have to do that....maybe even start a thread on the project from start to finish?

Todd...I will keep an eye out for your cylinder and let you know what it looks like when it is here. Glad to help out and I am just a very small part of what Ronnie and Rich have built over the years. It is a lot less stressful working on what you like to do vs what you have to do. To bad you did not live closer...Rich could get that 1010 of yours over 70 with ease! I know that for a fact! And you "stock" 785 we could tune up for you....still can...just a little harder explaining stuff over the phone. Glad to help out as always!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2&4strokepolaristech View Post
    I can not take credit for the modded heads or the ported cylinders or the perfectly phased crank that the runout was under .001"...
    Maybe not, but you sure can take credit for the breakdown, prep, polishing, layout and reassembly of the motors. Oh, and you're the guy running the boring and honing tools as well. Tons of other stuff too. Good work my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2&4strokepolaristech View Post
    I can not take credit for the modded heads or the ported cylinders or the perfectly phased crank that the runout was under .001"...
    Maybe not, but you sure can take credit for the breakdown, prep, polishing, layout and reassembly of the motors. Oh, and you're the guy running the boring and honing tools as well. Tons of other stuff too. Good work my friend.
    that's right Atrie. I tell people all the time I'm nobody!!!! My father and I have just tried to do our own thing, not saying its better just saying its nice to try something diff. Jay knows my father and I have told him countless times not all of the motor combinations we have tried have worked but we did our best and I mean look how many manufactures like Polaris, Cat Yamaha etc. have built machines that didn't prosper and they have tons of money backing them. It's easy to make power it's hard to keep it alive, sure for 660. Or 1/4 mile but put it on the snow or water under various conditions on pump junk fuel that's a whole diff. Story. Sorry to get off track, we do the best we can and like Jay said when you do it for a living its not fun it's stressfull, hoping everything is good, I mean look at all the warranty' Polaris has had over the years on bone stock machines. People never tell the truth about what they were really doing when the machine failed because they think it will void their warranty, but as Jay will tell you now your looking, for the problem,and it doesn't not happen with you riding the machine, when you find out later the guy is running 87 oct. pulling a tube with three people and just lugging the thing to death at slow speeds and it' last years gas, you try to tell them the importance of good fuel but they just look at the cost.and on and on it goes. Sometimes it's not the machine it the person operating it!!! Like I said before I have not worked at the shop now for 6 years, and now I love to tinker with my boats because its not what I do all day at work.But jay still does so thanks Jay for hanging in there buddy, we need to get your stuff done. I know you don't have time, so let me start on your red bull boat for ya!!!!

Banned User
    +1
    Its not a matter of if I am building a ported motor, its when. I have spent way too much money of late and need to recover a while first. New lawn mower, new driveway, unexpected repairs on my truck, blown up ski motor. Ouch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information