Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Extender

Post Fuel Extender

I AM VERY CONFUSED WITH THE FUEL CONSUMPTION OF THE 250X... IS IT TRUE THAT THERE IS ALMOST 5 GALLONS THAT ARE UNUSED FROM THE 20.6 GLS? SHOULD I BUY THE FUEL EXTENDER?

+1
    skip will be testing it in the next week I would imagine, he has an Ultra 250 tank and he's going to check it out.
    http://teammotowatercraftracing.com/

Thanx 4 The Help Ph....

Yes next week possibly.

All the information and reports will only be discussed here. I will gladly answer all questions and feedback from the TeamMoto Project 25X Blog. We are keeping it privi to GH.

Arrow Question for Skip

c
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Yes next week possibly.

All the information and reports will only be discussed here. I will gladly answer all questions and feedback from the TeamMoto Project 250X Blog. We are keeping it privy to GH.
    Hi Skip,

I have been trying to ask you a question...both here and on your Project 250x blog...I am still very interested in your response. That question is...

RE: Can the battery be relocated from the front compartment to the back of the ski?
    - Is enough room created in the back when the free-flow exhaust is installed to replace the 2nd muffler (waterbox)?
    - Is it practical to relocate the battery? or will it be impracticable or impossible to get to the battery without removing the intercooler each time you need to access the battery?
    - Can the existing cables be used or does a new set need to be created?

Thanks
    Scott
    Last edited by jscottmsc; 03-06-2007 at 10:51 AM. Reason: typo

Ok I did not want to seem as though I was ignoring your question. It was more that I was avioding it.
    Reason being is that someone somewhere in the some near future is making some kind of something to relocate that battery.

This something may need you to remove the intercooler to install it so you might want to install it at the same time the pipe mod goes in.

Man you got me skating on thin Ice here.

Im sure Mark can answer the question as to why it might possibly be a good idea to relocate it. More so in the colapsed cell problem in battery from long bouncy rides. Endurance racing guys know about what breaks on long runs.

The only time Ive seen batteries up front have been triple pipe boats. Those batteries took a beating and rumored to prematurly die.

Weather this will be a benificial mod for the 250 is unknown untill it has been beat on some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    ...someone somewhere in the some near future is making some kind of something to relocate that battery.

Man you got me skating on thin Ice here.
    Skip,

Sorry to put you on the spot...but I am not really trying to get you to spill the beans on someone somewheres possible future top secret battery relo kit...rather I was asking you (since you have already installed the free flow exhaust) to look into your boat and tell me if I (on my own...without anybody's kit) wanterd to put my battery in the back...would I have room? and would I be able to get to it easily (or not)?

+1
    We ran them in class with only 3 gallons.

rxp, are you saying that you ran a 250 ultra down to 3 gallons of gas? If this is the case, it sure will help the cruising range.

+1
    My first test on the buzzer, by filling the tank back up to the same amount, showed 3.4 gallons left. It was still running fine, but I couldn't tell you how much time was left.

Batteries in the back of a ski are ALWAYS better, for the reasons skip mentioned (plate collapse issue) and as a better place to put the weight. If it will fit, I'd consider it.

Sounds like there is a top-secret battery replacement kit coming.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information