Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Porting for non powervalve ski.

I know there are nice gains to be had from porting but I had a concern before I go foward with it.

If there are no powervalves (05 and up) will a ported ski be a dog off the line and just gain some power at high rpms? I would like to gain some top speed but not at the expense of bottom end power. In a race I think the first couple hundred feet can make or break the outcome. Also this is still a 1300cc

Remember *No Powervalves* thanks.

+1
    Figure the Kawasaki 2 strokes have been known for holeshot for years. I am pretty sure they dont have valves.

+1
    You will not lose any bottom end. You will gain some on the bottom, and quite a bit in the midrange & top. The non power valved 1300's pull better off the bottom than the power valved 1300's, IMO, from the ones I have ridden.

go race someone with porting to 100 feet. you won't think twice about it

+1
    Call Lowell (1-406-375-0801) he is the master of porting we had talked about the power valve less GPR. He use different port specs for them to keep the power band smooth,and rideable. You can get a more bottum end out of a power valve engine.
    If I were in your situation and wanted to get some extreme power and ridabilty I would look into selling your cylinders to someone who wanted to go to tripple pipes (don't need gas valves) and buy core power valve cylinders and go ported big bore and gas valves with them, I think you would like that setup better in the end.
    I talked to Lowell last night and he is busy but I would call him anyway and see what you could work out with him on a time table, or anybody else for that matter but think eveyone will be busy at this time of the year. Just my two cents

African-American
    +1
    Is there an upgrade kit, to turn my non powervalve motor (gp1300r 03) to a powervalve motor

Like i just fit them to the valves.

African-American
    +1
    btw:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-str..._valve_systems
    Many modern two-stroke engines employ a power valve system. The valves are normally in or around the exhaust ports. They work in one of two ways, either they alter the exhaust port by closing off the top part of the port which alters port timing such as Ski-doo R.A.V.E Yamaha YPVS, Suzuki AETC system or ..... The result is an engine with better low end power without losing high rpm power.

+1
    [QUOTE=spaceman;228997]Is there an upgrade kit, to turn my non powervalve motor (gp1300r 03) to a powervalve motor

Yes = MONEY

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    Is there an upgrade kit, to turn my non powervalve motor (gp1300r 03) to a powervalve motor

Like i just fit them to the valves.

If you have an 03 GPR you have powervalves. Maybe I don't understand the question.

+1
    Like i just fit them to the valves.[/QUOTE]

No - you would need thee power valve cylinders, and go to gas power valves because your none power valve boat lack the electronics to run the eletric power valve motor but gas valves are more responsive anyway so that would be a plus to convert to them

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information