Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Performance shops in or near Louisiana for Yamaha SHO work

I have (2) 2008 Yamaha SHO’s and I am looking for a shop to install some performance upgrades on my skis. I was looking into the Riva Stage 2 kits since that is the only turn key kit I could find.

Just wanted to get some suggestions from some of the members on where to go. I don’t mind traveling to different states for the work either.I have (2) 2008 Yamaha SHO’s and I am looking for a shop to install some performance upgrades on my skis. I was looking into the Riva Stage 2 kits since that is the only turn key kit I could find.

Just wanted to get some suggestions from some of the members on where to go. I don’t mind traveling to different states for the work either.I have (2) 2008 Yamaha SHO’s and I am looking for a shop to install some performance upgrades on my skis. I was looking into the Riva Stage 2 kits since that is the only turn key kit I could find.

Just wanted to get some suggestions from some of the members on where to go. I don’t mind traveling to different states for the work either.

+1
    Where are you located

+1
    I'm from Lafayette bro welcome to greenhulk! If you start reading thru the threads you should pick things up pretty fast. Take a look in the classified section and on Jerry's performance link. The first mods to get would be the ribbon delete, foam removal, intake, exhaust, jims ride plate, leo's wedge, R2 reflash, low boost wheel.

+1
    Not sure how close you are to Houston, but board member and full time jetski mechanic WFO is there and his work is impeccable. Do a search..I am not sure who could do it unless Jerry (Greenhulk) can do it in Morgan city? Make sure whoever does it, does this as full time work and not a side job...and actually works on the 4 strokes.

Pistonwash- I'm in the Lafayette area but willing to travel to anywhere to get the mods installed and tuned. I do a lot of performance work on cars I have but I'm real new to the places that will specialize in pwc. Houston or Morgan City are not far away from me. I plan on turning one of the skis I have up and keep the other one safe.

tcr0148- I'm looking into the items now that you suggested. I assume that the items you suggested are a better start than the Riva Stage 2 kit?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shitsmere View Post
    Pistonwash- I'm in the Lafayette area but willing to travel to anywhere to get the mods installed and tuned. I do a lot of performance work on cars I have but I'm real new to the places that will specialize in pwc. Houston or Morgan City are not far away from me. I plan on turning one of the skis I have up and keep the other one safe.

tcr0148- I'm looking into the items now that you suggested. I assume that the items you suggested are a better start than the Riva Stage 2 kit?

You can PM WFO or call him directly (Rich 713-725-8596) he works on skis everyday, all day and is one of the best jetski mechanics in America imo. He will walk you through from start to finish and won't try to sell you crap that does not work. He is knowledgeable and will "teach" you what you need to do so you can work on this yourself in the near future. As for the board, you have stumbled onto a wealth of information and help from regular guys who love their skis. Read as much as you can and just like cars, you will enjoy the process and gathering of info to make your ski perform better.

Jetskiing is great with a stock ski but when you begin to make it handle better, get more performance and increase your knowledge you will love it even more. Don't be afraid to ask questions that's what these guys are here for.

Great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shitsmere View Post

You can PM WFO or call him directly (Rich 713-725-8596) he works on skis everyday, all day and is one of the best jetski mechanics in America imo. He will walk you through from start to finish and won't try to sell you crap that does not work. He is knowledgeable and will "teach" you what you need to do so you can work on this yourself in the near future. As for the board, you have stumbled onto a wealth of information and help from regular guys who love their skis. Read as much as you can and just like cars, you will enjoy the process and gathering of info to make your ski perform better.

Jetskiing is great with a stock ski but when you begin to make it handle better, get more performance and increase your knowledge you will love it even more. Don't be afraid to ask questions that's what these guys are here for.
    I just sent him a PM about what I was looking to get done. I’ll wait up to see if it interests him. I got a few inquires back from some builders on this site and its good to have a few options now. Like I said there are not many shops around that just specialize in jetskis. I don’t want to just bring it to a guy that can do the modifications I want someone that takes pride in the completed build. I have built a lot of high hp cars and each shop has taken special pride in the end result.

You are absolutely right about the modification to something stock. It opens up the wow factor….IMO
    And it’s always fun to blow someone away in a race here and there. I think stock is boring and IMO if modifying a jetski or car made some factory part give it should replaced anyway. Everything I own is modified except for my work run around car. Unfortunately this is my favorite car because it makes the best fuel mileage.

2009 Corvette Zo6 – 800RWhp (APS Twin-turbo tuner kit + cam/port heads + 1600hp fuel system + meth injection)
    2011 Camaro SS – 480RWhp (LR cam/ported heads + 2” headers/B&B exhaust)
    2011 F250 6.7L – 600hp est (Spartan 200hp tuner + DPF delete + no exhaust)
    1968 F250 Ranger LB mud truck – 535ci big block (430hp 600ftlbs of torque)
    2005 Mazda6 V6 30mpg
    Last edited by shitsmere; 07-15-2013 at 05:27 PM.

+1
    Are you wanting to be involved with it. It seems like you like to wrench looking at your list of toys.

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    Are you wanting to be involved with it. It seems like you like to wrench looking at your list of toys.
    I would like to but I unfortunately work alot. I have a small shop, car lift, tools etc. but have limited time to do anything. I do the basic maintenance on all my cars and equipment but occasionally that gets put in someone else's hands. I don't have a set work schedule and I'm self employed so I have to chase the next job opportunity.

On another note I'm really new to pwc modification and don't have anyone to turn to for questions I have. I spent alot of time on other car forums and used other members guidance and experience to help me along my way. Cars are easy to mess with, all you have to do is pick a hp number and build the supporting components around it to hold up. I have a heck of a shop that does outstanding work on late model cars. I'm just looking for that inside tip on that one for pwc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information