Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Blown R&D Ultimate Sea-Doo Pump Seal

Like I said I blew the R&D Ultimate Sea Doo Pump Seal after only 3 hours of ride not hard riding either... I got a 06' RXP with ET 127, #42 Injectors, BOV, Thru Hull Exhaust, Shortened Water Box 4" Intake, R&D Intake Grate, New Wear Ring, New 15/20R Impeller. I was just wondering if anyone else have had a issue with the seal. Everything was great for the first part of the 3 hours I had zero cavitation (which is the reason I bought the seal cause I was cavitating like crazy) and with the new seal it pulled hard at WOT out the hole (no cavitation). I only got to ride it hard for maybe 10 minutes because my fiancée was with me about the whole time on the water. When it blew we was just cruising and I stopped, kept the engine running, and swapped spots to let my fiancée drive and she went to take off which she is very easy on it cause she hasn't really drove one before and the thing started cavitating like crazy so I got back up front to drive it and had to rev it up to get it to finally go. I loaded up right then came home and pulled the pump off and found the left side about 1 1/2" to 2" of the seal blown seal (wavy.) I checked the torque of the bolts before I pulled it off and it was still good. It sealed up real good when I installed it and the matting surfaces are smooth and no crack so I don't know what is going on... maybe I got a bad seal? Any help will be great? Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130713_184621_826.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	306623   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130713_184638_444.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	306624  

+1
    Damn, I hope this is just a fluke!

3. +1 by:

+1
    Mine has maybe 8 very hard hours with many wot hole shots seems to be holding up glad I saved my stock seal

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelytle1077 View Post
    Mine has maybe 8 very hard hours with many wot hole shots seems to be holding up glad I saved my stock seal
    Did it help?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemann2112 View Post
    Like I said I blew the R&D Ultimate Sea Doo Pump Seal after only 3 hours of ride not hard riding either... I got a 06' RXP with ET 127, #42 Injectors, BOV, Thru Hull Exhaust, Shortened Water Box 4" Intake, R&D Intake Grate, New Wear Ring, New 15/20R Impeller. I was just wondering if anyone else have had a issue with the seal. Everything was great for the first part of the 3 hours I had zero cavitation (which is the reason I bought the seal cause I was cavitating like crazy) and with the new seal it pulled hard at WOT out the hole (no cavitation). I only got to ride it hard for maybe 10 minutes because my fiancée was with me about the whole time on the water. When it blew we was just cruising and I stopped, kept the engine running, and swapped spots to let my fiancée drive and she went to take off which she is very easy on it cause she hasn't really drove one before and the thing started cavitating like crazy so I got back up front to drive it and had to rev it up to get it to finally go. I loaded up right then came home and pulled the pump off and found the left side about 1 1/2" to 2" of the seal blown seal (wavy.) I checked the torque of the bolts before I pulled it off and it was still good. It sealed up real good when I installed it and the matting surfaces are smooth and no crack so I don't know what is going on... maybe I got a bad seal? Any help will be great? Thanks
    I bought one and am putting everything back together, what's the torque for the bolts? hope i don't have the same issue.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by da1nonlyrxp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemann2112 View Post
    I bought one and am putting everything back together, what's the torque for the bolts? hope i don't have the same issue.
    26lbs

+1
    I am not so sure that was causing your problem. I had oem seal installed backwards one time and it did not cavitate bad. If I had to guess, you had something in your pump causing the cavitation.

9. +1 by:

+1
    If they are that tight going in it seems really easy too me to get it pinched. I would spray it with xps or something before install

+1
    Did you have any water in your hull?

I always lube up the pumpshoe before installing pump. I think its a good idea.

+1
    IMO that was not your issue, my stock seal looked WAY worse than that and did not cause any noticeable issues. more than likely you had something in your pump and it fell out. Put it back together and if there is nothing in your pump and or you're wear ring is not damaged from whatever happened it will be fine Im betting.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information