Thread: Mold on new ski!
07-14-2013, 08:01 AM #1
Mold on new ski!
See pic; I keep my ski on a jet dock during the summer, covered. We've had a lot of rain this year more than usual and when we went out yesterday my trim on my handlebars has the signs of mold growth. I've only had the ski for a couple months. My old ski had it so bad I ended up replacing the entire trim piece. The piece itself is kind of a rubber-plastic thing. I have some hull cleaner but I think it would eat it. Does anyone know what I can use to remove the mold and/or prevent it from growing? I've tried bleach, mold away and other mold cleaners. Nothing. The cover is quite snug so not sure if there's something I can do about that.
07-14-2013, 12:09 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
The only things that' kills mold is bleach if that don't work your SOL
07-14-2013, 07:21 PM #3
Do what fire said, but I am more concerned with the inside of the hull. You can use this to help keep moisture out:http://www.google.com/shopping/produ...ed=0CG0Q8wIwAQ
But make sure you ventilate the hull mostly...if it is covered crack the seat a little and let her breathe, and put one of these ^ in there to absorbe the accumulation of moisture. If there's mold on the outside then the inside of the hull is getting it too and it is enclosed.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)