Girls just wanna have fun! awarrick's Avatar
    Lake Lanier, GA

Mold on new ski!

See pic; I keep my ski on a jet dock during the summer, covered. We've had a lot of rain this year more than usual and when we went out yesterday my trim on my handlebars has the signs of mold growth. I've only had the ski for a couple months. My old ski had it so bad I ended up replacing the entire trim piece. The piece itself is kind of a rubber-plastic thing. I have some hull cleaner but I think it would eat it. Does anyone know what I can use to remove the mold and/or prevent it from growing? I've tried bleach, mold away and other mold cleaners. Nothing. The cover is quite snug so not sure if there's something I can do about that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0839.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	306646

Banned User
    The only things that' kills mold is bleach if that don't work your SOL

Do what fire said, but I am more concerned with the inside of the hull. You can use this to help keep moisture out:

But make sure you ventilate the hull mostly...if it is covered crack the seat a little and let her breathe, and put one of these ^ in there to absorbe the accumulation of moisture. If there's mold on the outside then the inside of the hull is getting it too and it is enclosed.

Thread Information