Seadoo RXT aS 260 2011 irregular running engine after long coasting at 5000rpm

Hi all,
    I have a Seadoo 2011 RXT aS 260 with 60hrs with depth finder and Ski module.
    I follow the scheduled maintenance and winterized for the end season every year.
    Last weekend I went out with my family for a ride and the lake condition where rough so I set the cruising to 5000rpm and ride for about one hour an half all the way home.
    Close to home the condition where good and I start to speed up and I noticed that the engine struggle to go over 6000rpm.
    I dropped my family at the dock and went for a ride myself and again I noticed that it has difficulties to accelerate between 5000 to 6000rpm.
    After few stop and go suddenly it goes back to full rpm at 8100 or close to.
    I trailered at home and the next day I went on the lake to meet with some friend at the beach close by, after I put the Seadoo on the water I started the engine and at idle I noticed that is running rough.
    I meet with my friends restart the Seadoo and the engine quit, restart again and everything looks fine, we go for a ride and again after coasting at 5000rpm for about 45min the engine has trouble to go to max RPM.
    On my way back to home I speed up and everything looks normal.
    Any of you have similar experience?
    Can it be fooled spark plug? (hard to happen on 4 stroke)
    Leaking IC ? I don't see any water in the engine compartment and all the visible hoses are properly attached.
    No idea, I already advise my dealer for the issue.
    I read a lot on the forum and many owners has leaking IC issue, but I don't know if this is the same case because is intermittent.
    Any idea, thank you all

+1
    I have to disagree about plugs hard to foul on a 4 stroke, as it happens all the time on this forum.

I suggest you change the plugs and see if it fixes your problem. Most people change their plugs every spring!

I will go and replace them today I will let you know how it goes.
    Thank you

+1
    Yes I agree about the spark plugs needing changed.

Also if your ic leaks its not going to put water in your hull it puts it thru the air intake and into your motor.
    Although I don't think a bad ic is your issue I would keep that in mind for a future change out.
    Also run a double dose of fuel Injector cleaner thru it.
    It's just good maintaining the fuel system with Injector cleaner.

Rip on...

Today I tried with brand new spark plugs and I had same problem, after cruising at 5000rpm for 40 min I left my family on the beach and went for a ride and I noticed the same issue after 6000rpm the engine doesn't pickup after couple of acceleration problem is gone.
    I don't understand.
    Just to make sure I opened the rear right bucket (fire extinguisher compartment) and check for water inside the hull but was dry no sign of humidity.
    Any idea??
    Thank you

+1
    Ok at least you have eliminated the plugs as a potential problem.

I would suggest you pull the air intake off the SC, and see if you can turn the SC wheel by hand. I hope not, because that means the SC has shit itself.

Other sources are hose clamps from the SC to the IC and IC to the TB. Check them all for boost leaks. One of the coil packs could be intermittent also.

You will find the problem, just be thorough and methodical about checking everything.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Yes I agree about the spark plugs needing changed.

Also if your ic leaks its not going to put water in your hull it puts it thru the air intake and into your motor.
    Although I don't think a bad ic is your issue I would keep that in mind for a future change out.
    Also run a double dose of fuel Injector cleaner thru it.
    It's just good maintaining the fuel system with Injector cleaner.

Rip on...
    I had these issues with a leaking intercooler

Do you work for a fuel injector fluid cleaner manufacturer ?

Check your oil look for white milkly foam and a higher than normal level. If you see that pull hose going to intake manifold run ski on hose and see if you see any water coming out intercooler.

I left the Seadoo at the dealer two days ago and they did not find any anomaly but there was an update on the ECU to be done, they tested and confirm that everything is ok, since in two months the warranty is ending they also asked Seadoo to extend the warranty for other 90days just in case the problem comes up again.
    I will go this weekend and repeat the same situation and see if is it fixed or not and keep you posted.
    If you ride the ski hard you wont never see the problem I have, you have to really coast for long time at 5000 rpm.
    Thank you

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypluto View Post
    I left the Seadoo at the dealer two days ago and they did not find any anomaly but there was an update on the ECU to be done, they tested and confirm that everything is ok, since in two months the warranty is ending they also asked Seadoo to extend the warranty for other 90days just in case the problem comes up again.
    I will go this weekend and repeat the same situation and see if is it fixed or not and keep you posted.
    If you ride the ski hard you wont never see the problem I have, you have to really coast for long time at 5000 rpm.
    Thank you
    I had something like this happen to me once. Was cruising at 50ish for awhile and my ski's engine light came on so I let off, then the light went off. I proceeded to run wide open and I noticed that my speedo was jumping all over the place. Slowed down to 40-45 and it was jumping up to the 69-70mph speed limiter with me not changing speed at all. It was closing the throttle body plate like it was hitting the limiter but I was only at quarter throttle. I disconnected the battery for 5mins reconnected it and it never did it again.

Thread Information