Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

statue of liberty trip gone bad!!!

here's the story, i know that brendan(bdnj) and a bunch of guys are are goin for a ride to the statue on sunday. well, me and my dad cant go so we(and another friend) decided to make the trip today. it was a titty bit nipply out but real calm..all in all a nice ride there. once we got there we stopped, took a few pictures...ect. about half way back me and my dad both suck up something in the intake. not sure what it is at this point but i know that there is a lot of shit floating in that river, so it could be anything. we idle to the nearest boat launch. i stayed with the 2 skis at the dock and the other guy took my dad back to the trailor. within an hour my pops showed up with the trailor and we got home. took a look into the pump and saw a big ass plastic bag, my pops had a bag too..it looks like the same bag believe it or not. i think we both got a peice of it. check out the pics..its a lot of plastic in a relativly small area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pdr_0673_174.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	1182   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pdr_0672_156.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	1183   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pdr_0670_169.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	1184   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pdr_0669_202.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	1185   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pdr_0668_717.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	1186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pdr_0667_163.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	1187  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pdr_0666_499.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	1188   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pdr_0665_460.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	1189  

+1
    Those are some cool ass pics. I need one of me on my ski in front of the Statue of Liberty.

BTW, do y'all get hassled at all by the Port Authority for being on skis and taking pics? Seems like they would be paranoid of terrorists scouting out the city.

we had a few helicopters circling us..at that point we decided to go back. as long as you dont get too close, i dont think theyll hassle you.

+1
    I would love to ride there one day. Beautiful!!!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    it's an amazing ride. it gets better as your travel around the city and it's jsut bridge after bridge and seaports and massive buildings.

I've gone into the city 3 times now on my ski... never been bothered by ANYONE... there's little buoys around the statue of liberty as a perimer, jsut stay where you are supposed to be and you won't have any problems.

I'm going riding tomorrow with my buddy Vic way up north up the hudson. this time of year flying thru the mountains at WOT is gonna be a blast. should be about 180 mile round trip tomorrow.

Sunday is still up in the air for me, i wanna go so badly! but gotta make time for the gf, we'll see what i can work out.

One thing is for sure tho!! there's a few stretches where this is jsut shit galore in the water... flaoting tires from 18 wheelers... tree limbs, garabage bags, probably even a couple dead bodies

+1
    http://photos.yahoo.com/shibby1485

i got about 150 pictures there of my NYC and statue of liberty and hudson river rides... i'll take a bunch more pics tomorrow when i go... should be some nice scenery and colors with all the leaves changing and the fall season.

+1
    Man you got some kick ass picture Shibby.
    I would love to go ride that one day. Talk about awesome for me.
    Only been out of texas 3 times.

+1
    That part of the Hudson is usually full of "Coney Island Whitefish" another name for used condoms ! However it would take a large clump of them to clog up your intake. Not the place you want to dive into to pull shit out of the pump...even in the summer.

Richard

+1
    I'm a Texas boy who grew up in a town of less than 1000 people. But I have been to London, Paris, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago etc. I was never in awe of any city until I went to NYC last year. I don't know what it is about that city, but it is magical. I could never live there (see the Texas boy part above), but it was really cool. I would love to ride around the Statue of Liberty, the Hudson and the East River.

+1
    i guess for people that don;t live close it's exciting... i love it from a water perspective... on land, i could care less about the city. too much noise, congestion, chaos, and i get lost in the street grid system, lol... i go to school about 15 minutes from NYC and i live on long island about a 30 minute train ride from the city.... i probably go in the city about 4-5 times a year and usually not by choice, lol.

Ricahrd is right... not water you want to be jumping in or swimming in unfortunately, i did when i was behind statue of liberty in jersey city i sucked something up, couldn't get it out no matter how hard i tried with the throttle... jumped in, touched the grate quick and flew back on my ski... it was on swooping motion that was about 5 seconds long, haha.

The scenery is awesome, the atmosphere and everything... i just wish it was clear blue carribean water.... then it'd be heaven

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information