Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fogging?

Fogging?

Book says to fog supercharger every use, local mech says no . What do you guys do ?

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    163 hours on my ski and I fog after EVERY ride. For the 10 seconds it takes, do it by the book. Maybe your mechanic needs some work?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    163 hours on my ski and I fog after EVERY ride. For the 10 seconds it takes, do it by the book. Maybe your mechanic needs some work?
    Because his mechanic is right it's not needed if and I say if the ski is ridden at lest once a week

+1
    That may be the case, but sometimes the best intention to ride every week doesn't turn out that way. If you fog it after each ride and you don't get a chance to ride it as often as you hope, it's done. For the sake of 10 seconds, make it a habit, it's peace of mind and good practice.

+1
    Maybe your mechanic needs some work?
    ------------------
    Goooooooood Point Mal. You are always thinking

I spray that Special "Fogging" Sauce after EVERY ride.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bholland957 View Post
    Book says to fog supercharger every use, local mech says no . What do you guys do ?
    A couple questions for you,
    Where do you ride? Fresh or salt?
    How often do you ride?
    Riding conditions? Rough water horse playing submerging the ski or just cruising some bayous and rivers?
    What year is your Ultra?

Banned User
    +1
    That may be the case, but sometimes the best intention to ride every week doesn't turn out that way. If you fog it after each ride and you don't get a chance to ride it as often as you hope, it's done. For the sake of 10 seconds, make it a habit, it's peace of mind and good practice.
    You do realize what fogging oil does to the sc right ? And how much oil is in there from the cc ? Pull your sc out Dump it upside down i bet oil comes out. It's not really a case of more is more. But end if the day people should do what they feel is best is for there ski

I to fog after each ride personally, but I ride here and there. If you are a heavy fogger you will need to clean the intercooler more often.

+1
    Yep, I know what it does. It takes less time and money to clean my IC every 70 hours than skimp on a few cents and 10 seconds of my time fogging it than fixing/replacing a locked charger. It's probably the same reason why I take 10 minutes every 15 hours, not 25, to suck out and replace my oil.

I know where you and GL are coming from, how and where you ride, but the side effect of too much fogging, in any case, is much better than the side effect of not doing it enough.

PS: Tommy, the amount of oil I get through my system is minimal. For example, I have the Bypass Valve tube under my seat and never see oil droplets from it (others have filled their hull with oil).

I would not Fog after every ride "just because". Over fogging can create an Oily mess in the SC itself, which could slow the Ski down. If the Ski is ridden on a relatively "dry" day (not alot of water coming over the bow) I too don't think it is necessary to Fog after a ride like this.

On the wet days I used to Fog a little and remove the rubber boot going from the SC to the Intercooler. This would allow some of the water condensation inside the SC to evaporate naturally. Seemed to work for me. JB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information