Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

94 seadoo spi, hard starting in water

when i originally started working on the ski it was idling extremely high so i adjusted the idling screw and leaned out the carbs cuz the exhaust was rich. expecting the hunk of poo to run better i stuck it in the water and it takes all my skill to start it more than to many cranks. and once its warm it is hard starting as well. any advice is greatly appreciated

+1
    Don't adjust out of the water.

+1
    If the fuel system has not been gone through then that's what needs done first. Replace all grey fuel lines and clean out carbs and fuel switch. Then trim back plug wires and re-install boots. It will run as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by keithg1964 View Post

yeah i realized this after i had adjusted it but i readjusted it once i put in the water until it idled smoothly but still hard starting

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    If the fuel system has not been gone through then that's what needs done first. Replace all grey fuel lines and clean out carbs and fuel switch. Then trim back plug wires and re-install boots. It will run as it should.
    thanks for the quick reply, ill look into it and is there away i can check the fuel pressure? if so what lines should i check it on?

+1
    No need for that, you can only check the return pressure but it will be very low. If you have the grey fuel lines you need to start there.

i have grey fuel lines coming off of the fuel tank but they are breathers going to the outside of the ski

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jhedges22 View Post

yeah i realized this after i had adjusted it but i readjusted it once i put in the water until it idled smoothly but still hard starting

You should have counted the screw turns so you could put it back or at least how many from seated so you could put them back. That would make this way easire to start again, but yes like everyone says replace gray fuel lines first

Quote Originally Posted by demian5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhedges22 View Post

You should have counted the screw turns so you could put it back or at least how many from seated so you could put them back. That would make this way easire to start again, but yes like everyone says replace gray fuel lines first

next time i will remember to do that.... i just stuck my head in the bilge to look at the bolts that hold the carb to the motor and it was missing one out of the bottum. so i pulled the carbs off, everything seemed fine but idk what i am looking at is this where the rotary valve is????

+1
    Yes behind the round intake cover is the rotary valve. Don't let it fall off or you will need to re-time it. You need blue threadlocker on all bolts. Now would be a good time to clean carbs out really well. Also clean out the inline fuel filter, and the fuel selector switch. If your fuel lines going to the switch and carbs are not grey then they have already been replaced at some point. Lets get the carbs good and clean then I'll give you the stock settings for the high and low screws.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information