Thread: Pottahwak 2013

GTA, Canada

Pottahwak 2013

Ended up going to Pottahawak at Long Point on Lake Erie this weekend... and I must say it was quite the experience! I've never been there before so I didn't know what to expect. We figured all the marinas in the area would be too busy so we launched at Port Dover (still an hour wait to launch). About a 30km ride later we got to the Long point area, where there seemed to be well over a 1000 boats and watercraft in the area. I couldn't even put a number on the people! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys a crazy and drunken party scene!

I don't think I'd bring my ski there if I go again though. The sea weed in that whole lake was ridiculous, everywhere you look it was either growing right up to the surface or just patches of it floating around everywhere. I pulled out a small forest from the grate a few times through the day. Also Police were in abundance, pretty much every 4th or 5th boat was some sort of Marine Police, OPP or coast guard. If 1 more person asks me for my safety kit and license I may lose control lol. But first time I've seen a Seadoo Speedster 150 Police boat though! Glad to see our tax dollars are doing well.

A couple pics I took and some from friends that were right in the middle of it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pot.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	306819   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pot4.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	306820   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pot5.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	306821   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pot7.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	306822   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pot9.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	306823  

Ottawa, Canada
    Cool! Wonder if there is the same type gathering in the 1000 Islands.

GTA, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ProZadoX View Post
    Cool! Wonder if there is the same type gathering in the 1000 Islands.

I think this is one of a kind.. Its one of these strange events that are technically illegal but have just become a yearly event there and the Police Just turn a blind eye... unless people get out of hand. There are no official sponsors or organization of any type. Just an unwritten rule that people meet here every second Sunday of July.

Niagara Region
    LOL, yeah I ran into that gathering area by accident the first time I rode over there myself. I have been back a few times and its always busy in that spot on the weekends.

Ontario, Canada
    Next time you go launch in longpoint as the marines aren't as busy. My cottage is in lp so i was at pottahawk piss up. Im also out there pretty much every weekend though. As for the party it actually takes place on private property and is not an organized event and has been going on for probably close to 50 years. And the police dont turn a blind eye they just target the people who are being idiot. They just want people to plan ahead and be safe. This was actually the least crazy piss up I've been to. Police issued zero dui's and very few tickets. Lots of cops but something always happens at this party so it good their there.

Thread Information