Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bearing Issues Again?

I have a 2011 ultra 300x, with extremely low hours on it. Right now it has 20 hours on it. Near the end of the 1 year warranty (the first year) I noticed a noise coming when turning sharply from the rear of the ski....took it to the dealer and they said the impeller was starting to rub the housing as the bearing seemed to be going. They replaced everything under warranty. Last year the ski was only out twice and it seemed fine. This last weekend I changed the plugs, changed the oil, lubed everything up, made sure battery was charged and flushed out rv antifreeze (used to winterize) and took it up to the lake. Rode it easy for about 40 mins to make sure it didnt have any issues at all. Then I started to ride it hard, and I noticed the damn noise is back, mostly when i turn sharp or do long sweeping power slides......

Think it could be the damn bearings again?; and if so why are they going bad so quick? Any thoughts?

Banned User
    +1
    I'm impressed you can power slide it! Some guy just had similar issues I think he boiled it down to the intake grate nd some funny harmonics when turning....

if rebuilt properly its doubtful the bearings are bad Again

well maybe my terminology is off a little when I say powerslide....lol......

is it something I need to worry about again??? I read some posts on here (have to see if I can find them) where pump bearings were issues and they replaced them with some different type of bearing (double bearings or something)....I still have to search for those agan

Banned User
    +1
    That modification I believe you're talking about was done to the older style pumps. The new ones can fail but are designed so that its not "supposed" to push the prop/driveshaft forward and take out the motor. Kinda hard to diagnose over the net just throwing some things out there for ya

yea i understand, other than taking it all apart, anything I can check or any tips and tricks to see whats going on? I have the service manual, if I have to take the pump apart....

Banned User
    +1
    I doubt you bearings where bad to begin with I think they misdiagnosed your ski.

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    I doubt you bearings where bad to begin with I think they misdiagnosed your ski.

I don't have any vibration or anything that I can tell.....what do you think the issue is?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by crxin View Post

I don't have any vibration or anything that I can tell.....what do you think the issue is?
    If you are running the stock intake grate I can only assume you are hearing the same thing that I am hearing. I have been running the same pump wince World Finals last year.

+1
    yeah thats a normal sound that i always here during hard turns on smooth water, i dont think you have much too worry about

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crxin View Post

If you are running the stock intake grate I can only assume you are hearing the same thing that I am hearing. I have been running the same pump wince World Finals last year.
    yes it is still stock.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information