GP1300R front plug looking very lean..

so just finished putting in new crank seals and new stator, took it out on the lake, ski runs like a dream, but i pulled the plugs just to take a peak and front plug was almost white!!! just about broke my toe on the side of hull!!!! not really wanting to know the readings, i did compression test... all checked out good, 127,128,125 this is also the motor that just blew apart a front seal,, not knowing why, never backfired or anything.. what do ya think would cause this? injector?? front seal gone again after one tank of fuel.. btw had a dial indicator on the crank well it was apart, crank bearings are good... also im running premix.. any thoughts??? have not done a pressure test yet... thanks,,, CHEERS!!!

+1
    Hate to say it but if only #1 is lean, you may have an air leak. Do 2 & 3 look good? Post some pic's. It's not the front seal if just replaced. Could be clogged injector. ALWAYS pressure test after engine rebuild.

2&3 plugs look good, oem seals greased before instillation, where yould you hook up for your pressure test? being efi i have no pulse nipple... just one of the intakes? ill look now to see if i can find how to test (clean) injector.. thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by canadianbuds View Post
    2&3 plugs look good, oem seals greased before instillation, where yould you hook up for your pressure test? being efi i have no pulse nipple... just one of the intakes? ill look now to see if i can find how to test (clean) injector.. thanks...
    I bought a kit from Lowell Horning for about $100 but you can do a search on here and find where people have made their own kit for $15-20 from a local hardware store. Sorry to hear about the lean condition. At least you caught it before it fried #1. I had the same thing happen to me last summer. I replaced the seals with OEM seals, greased the inside/outside of the seals, and haven't had an issue again in over 30 hrs. That type of shit will make you wanna break out a hammer.

Thread Information