Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Water shoes....anybody wear them?

Out here in kansas,almost all of the lake beds are mud with the occasional rock. I usually go bare foot,but with the last few weekends I've ended up with a couple nasty cuts from the random rocks.

The mud is so soft that flip flops aren't an option as they'll get sucked in and your going to fight to get it back. I've had cheap water shoes that always end up giving me blisters after a day of use and are just as bad as the rock cuts.

Well today I decided to buy some nice water shoes and ended up with these- http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0084F..._26725410_item
    Hopefully they end up doing the job,and don't get stuck like flip flops.

So does anyone have these/simalar to these? How do you like them? Hopefully they don't scuff the ride.

+1
    Teva Photon 4, best water shoes I've ever owned but good luck finding any as they quit making them for some reason. My dad swears by the Keens.

+1
    Me riding open sea (waves are my everyday program...) always wear shoes, they protect you from slipping while landing and also protect you foot from rocks etc

+1
    I'm a barefoot riding kinda guy.... I keep flip flops in the front bucket for when I beach/dock it. My mats are super sticky and even barefoot I don't slip. I guess the past 3 years of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu has influenced me to not wear shoes unless I absolutely have too lol.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I use to wear the slippery shoes a few years back and loved them. Slippery stop making them and hard to find

I have a jet ski rental in the fl keys, anytime i leave the docks i try to make sure i either have my junk sneakers on, or water shoes. Anytime i forget to put them on, i always find myself needing to either get someone unstuck, or have to stand up in the water while dealing with something. Also "picnic island" is only 5 minuets away from our docks, so inevitably, i do find myself winding up there from time to time. My feet are tough as hell, and i can walk over just about anything, but it makes things go a lot quicker with them on. I just use the cheap ones from divers direct and have had them for a few years now. Still work well.

+1
    I bought a pair of these last month. At first I thought, holy crap $90, but the more I wear them, they are worth it. They are the lightest shoes I have ever had. They drain water great. Dry quick. They don't hold sand like others I have tried. If they hold up, unlike others I have tried, I would say they are worth the $90.

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...sperry&Ntk=All

+1
    Id love to remain barefoot, its just not an option unless I want to deal with cuts. Also like I said id love to wear my flip flops, but every step in the mud takes a ton of effort and feels like there going to break any step. The reviews were all pretty good on the Teva's I purchased, ill be sure to let everyone know how they do. I also hated to by black shoes but any lighter color will end up brown in a days use, mud sucks.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    I have a jet ski rental in the fl keys...
    Welcome to Greenhulk!

+1

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information