Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Who is the best performance shop or forum menber that can properly setup my fzr hull

Just like the title says, I'm looking for the best person or place around the NY,NJ,CT,PA area that really knows to setup the hull and pump on the FZR and possibly some more performance work. If its a shop I rather NOT go to carl at island racing because he never answers/returns phone calls and (no offence guys) but I know the kids that actually do his work for him. If its a forum member, Ill bring it to you and I have cash and lots of beer. I would even pay for someone to come down to my house and stand over me while I do the work just because I want it done perfect. I have a private ramp (tide dependent) 3 houses down from me and all the tools to do the job. FYI I would even fly one of you big name guys from Florida, Tennessee, Arizona, etc. to New York just to give me a hand on this thing.......Any takers
    Last edited by bscpaint; 07-16-2013 at 10:18 AM.

+1
    The biggest name in Yamaha and FZRs in particular is Jims Performance. He is on the forum. Give him a call.

Banned User
    +1
    The Jet shop builds some of the fastes and winning fzrs. Holding the record wins in the hydro drags for 2010 through 2013 in limited and superstock.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bscpaint View Post
    If its a shop I rather NOT go to carl at island racing because he never answers/returns phone calls and (no offence guys) but I know the kids that actually do his work for him.
    What kids? I can assure you there was no kids involved in the rebuilding of my ski. He is impossible to get ahold of though I will give you that. If you are serious and leave a message saying you want to drop off your ski on so and so day he will respond I guarantee it. I ordered a part not that long ago and tried to contact him after with no luck, but he does read his emails and did exactly like I said so he is on top of his shit for what it's worth.

Instead of flying some one out to you just save that money and take a trip to Florida and go see Jim.

+1
    Jims performance nice guy !! very knowledgeable !!

+1
    Rrated performance in bayville nj

7. +1 by:

+1
    I would easily fly you out here Kerry or Jim in a minutes notice if either are up to it. I'm at 76-82 depending on my plate angle setup and I really want 85 in chopp where I'm currently at 76. I've left many messages for Carl and have known him since his old shop but if your not going to answer the phone for me or call me back ... Basically go f yourself. I would take the trip to see Jim but taking the ski to Jim will be well over 1k

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Almost View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bscpaint View Post
    If its a shop I rather NOT go to carl at island racing because he never answers/returns phone calls and (no offence guys) but I know the kids that actually do his work for him.
    What kids? I can assure you there was no kids involved in the rebuilding of my ski. He is impossible to get ahold of though I will give you that. If you are serious and leave a message saying you want to drop off your ski on so and so day he will respond I guarantee it. I ordered a part not that long ago and tried to contact him after with no luck, but he does read his emails and did exactly like I said so he is on top of his shit for what it's worth.

Instead of flying some one out to you just save that money and take a trip to Florida and go see Jim.
    +1. Make it a mini vacation.

+1
    Me taking a trip to see Jim does not help the ski going from New York to Florida and then back..... its much cheaper paying for a round trip flight and hotel and taking them out in NYC for the night then to even ship my ski round trip without my airfare and then there labor..

+1
    I would be surprised if you get any takers. Should probably offer travel expenses, accommodations, and double labor rate for them having to do the job away from their shop.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information