Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New member from the Keys!!!

just wanted to introduce myself, ive been a long time lurker of this site, but never posted on here till today. Name is Tony, my friend Nichole and i have a Jet Ski Rental in Summerland Key (mm24). I have been wrenching on skis for the past 8 years when i started working at a tour company in key west, i ran that for 3 years and took some time off the water. Friend needed help getting a rental going and we opened about a year and half ago. We have a fleet of vx's and use a 08 Sho as our guide ski. And also have two GTI 4 tech as well. Its a hard gig here, but we do it well. I also have an electronic repair/retail store downtown key west that specializes in fixing iphones. Since 08 i have been fixing them here in the keys and have been doing that almost full time. I dive and spearfish off the SHO all the time and take special private tours out to looe key for snorkeling. We have special unguided insurance that allows us to rent the skis without us being present and in view of them, (daily and weekly rentals) We are the only place like this anywhere in the Keys that allows you to do what we do. Anyways, enough blabbering, now its photo time.

Spark plug stripped....we all know how much fun that is. Blessing in disguise, ended up doing a full on overhaul to the ski and was very happy with the results.
    [/URL]

Looe Key

our hardware store is on the canal

And a couple of videos i took the other day out at looe key.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=IHDHg1wiuQc

Last edited by kwtony; 07-16-2013 at 08:41 PM. Reason: titties

+1
    pretty cool good luck

+1
    Awesome place to live..I lived in Key West for 2 seasons and was the only certified Yamaha tech in KW working on the rentals. I worked primarily at Key West boat rentals down on Front street, our jetski rental and shop was at the Galleon Resort. Kind of a love/hate place Key west is. Especially up and down Duval street.."Duval crawl". I had to work on just about every Yamaha rental that broke on the Island, not to mention the Yamaha boats that ran the 65u engines. Crazy times..I'd work 12-16 hours a day trying to keep skis running...rebuilds, repairs, glassing etc..everything. I learned a lot but it was a tough place to live, it was crazy there. I saw things happened that I've never even heard of before.

I visit every once in a while..last time I went was 2010 and it's still crazy down there but there's nothing like running through the Mangroves and canals through the Keys. It is beautiful! Welcome to the Greenhulk...kinda like a dysfunctional, crazy jetski family. Hopefully maybe we can get a road trip down there and ride off of Summerland, Boca, Sugarloaf or wherever you can guide us.

No shit, thats where I worked when i moved here, Ski Key West!!! haha, small world. What is your name? It was a tough gig, but i loved it. That was the days of replacing a stator in a ski in 21 minuets because a 10 ski tour needed to go out. ....and that was still slow.. You must have worked there when mark was running it. I worked there when a couple named Dave and Marie owned it at the time. I also worked/helped the boat rentals too ...when a Dave also ran BRKW, of course rick and roy always were in town, and i know them well. Its a shame what happened to Keith tho, we were quasi roomates when he first moved here, good guy.....YES, this place gets WILD. I have been here for 7 fantasy fests and cant even begin to explain all the wild shit ive seen/done here. But, it does come at a cost, and as of the past few years, all i do is run my store and keep the fleet maintained. My free time is spend spearfishing and we do quite well here.

We sort of have the same thing as the Galleon going on up here, except we are a hell of a lot cooler and much more fun, of course no cheesy hotel. I mean, FREE BEER, who the hell doesnt like that? Depending on the day, there is a nice selection of craft beers and some moonshineThere is also a boat rental here as well, we share the marina with Big Pine Boat Rentals who has a fleet of 15 boats...6 of which they keep on Summerland. Imagine THAT mechanics life.

You and anyone else are more then welcome to come by, Id be happy to show you all the cool places or point you in the direction. While we dont have a channel key, we have other cool things. 96% of the people that ride with us here, say they will never ride in KW again. Its so beautiful out here. You can bring your ski and put Eleanor (SHO) to shame. Shes stock but works well for what we need.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    No shit, thats where I worked when i moved here, Ski Key West!!! haha, small world. What is your name? It was a tough gig, but i loved it. That was the days of replacing a stator in a ski in 21 minuets because a 10 ski tour needed to go out. ....and that was still slow.. You must have worked there when mark was running it. I worked there when a couple named Dave and Marie owned it at the time. I also worked/helped the boat rentals too ...when a Dave also ran BRKW, of course rick and roy always were in town, and i know them well. Its a shame what happened to Keith tho, we were quasi roomates when he first moved here, good guy.....YES, this place gets WILD. I have been here for 7 fantasy fests and cant even begin to explain all the wild shit ive seen/done here. But, it does come at a cost, and as of the past few years, all i do is run my store and keep the fleet maintained. My free time is spend spearfishing and we do quite well here.

We sort of have the same thing as the Galleon going on up here, except we are a hell of a lot cooler and much more fun, of course no cheesy hotel. I mean, FREE BEER, who the hell doesnt like that? Depending on the day, there is a nice selection of craft beers and some moonshineThere is also a boat rental here as well, we share the marina with Big Pine Boat Rentals who has a fleet of 15 boats...6 of which they keep on Summerland. Imagine THAT mechanics life.

You and anyone else are more then welcome to come by, Id be happy to show you all the cool places or point you in the direction. While we dont have a channel key, we have other cool things. 96% of the people that ride with us here, say they will never ride in KW again. Its so beautiful out here. You can bring your ski and put Eleanor (SHO) to shame. Shes stock but works well for what we need.
    It is a small world...I'll give you a call and we can talk about what was and is in KW. Fanatasy fest, bike week, dyke week the list goes on..and those ridiculous roosters that would crow when the Sun came up. I wish I would have had a gun. Damn Good food, Irish Kevins, Rum runners...wild place indeed.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome my conch buddy !!!!
    We do some large group rides in KW,Sugarloaf,Marathon,islamorada, and key largo..
    i will pm you my cell..
    Hope to have you join us on a soflariders/greenhulk tour..
    Matt

+1
    Key west is da bomb! One of my favorite vacation spots. I did the jet ski tour around the island with Hurricane Hole Marina. Its too long of a drive to take my ski though. I always wanted to though. If I'm ever back down that way I'll hit you up. My brother just moved to florida so the next time I come down I might bring my ski.

+1
    Let us know when us the next ride, I would love to go

+1... I'm at mm76 and would love to meet up for a greenhulk group ride! Let me know when the next one is. Me and my wife own and run a hotel on the water, have plenty boat slips for parking. 10% off your stay to all Greenhulk members!
    Last edited by Keylife; 07-20-2013 at 06:01 AM.

+1
    Pm me info and website ^^^
    Might take you up on that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information