+1

Stinger pipe hose melting 97 XP

I have a issue with a 97 XP. Just started blowing the stinger pipe hose. (typical water regulator issue) After inspecting the water regulator I think it checked out fine. That is, it flows under low rpm's and closes under higher rpm's where the pressure of the exhaust will over come the spring. Bottom fitting is being fed off of the intake of the water and the top outlet feeds the top of the stinger pipe. I have inspected it and the line for a blockage and I did not find anything. Can there be a blockage in the pipe itself? I once had a water balloon stuck in the water regulator, did anyone else out there have any past issues that they may of had to clue me in?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondwatercraft View Post
    I have a issue with a 97 XP. Just started blowing the stinger pipe hose. (typical water regulator issue) After inspecting the water regulator I think it checked out fine. That is, it flows under low rpm's and closes under higher rpm's where the pressure of the exhaust will over come the spring. Bottom fitting is being fed off of the intake of the water and the top outlet feeds the top of the stinger pipe. I have inspected it and the line for a blockage and I did not find anything. Can there be a blockage in the pipe itself? I once had a water balloon stuck in the water regulator, did anyone else out there have any past issues that they may of had to clue me in?
    It is a possibility if you are not running a strainer. Use some compressed air and see if you have any blockage. May have to pull the pipe to do this

+1
    I will thanks for the suggestion.

+1
    if its the water regulator, you generally melt the hose after the water box. If the hose before the water box is melting, then the exhaust pipe isn't spraying water into the exhaust properly. perhaps clogged hose or fitting

+1
    I also am going to check the pump for possibly a bad wear ring. I have seen them destroyed and not cooling properly. The owners cannot tell the difference in performance and keep riding them.

+1
    I love when somebody tells me it runs fine except for at idle or until it gets hot. Then I take it for a test ride and it's running like absolute crap and they can't even tell. Most of my customers don't even know the model or engine size of their machine.

+1
    all they know is it's a Seadoo. what kind of seadoo? a bombedear. Ha Ha ha

Thread Information