Wink 90 SeaDoo fuel system

Today I ran our 90 SPI with a SBT engine that I installed in 06. A 587 yellow engine that has dual carbs, cold air intake filter, a West Coast pipe and exhaust. Stainless steel impeller, West Coast nozzle/ride plate bracket. For a 23 year old ski it is in outstanding condition. During this ride it ran great for the first 10 mins of no wake zone, stumbled slightly then blasted off when hitting throttle. After ten mins of blasting around it started to slow down, stalled and towed in before toasting battery and starter. Since the ski has not run since 2011 and it's fuel tank was full when stored I am thinking fuel is bad. However fuel filter is clean. Or maybe fuel pick up sock in fuel tank. Engine cranks fine, even starts, runs then stalls. Any other ideas.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Clean your carbs

I can take carbs apart but I don't have a parts cleaning tank. Do you think compressed air and carb cleaner will be strong enough?

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by challenger3x2 View Post
    I can take carbs apart but I don't have a parts cleaning tank. Do you think compressed air and carb cleaner will be strong enough?
    Yes carb cleaner will be fine. dont use it on any of the diaphrams or you'll be buying new ones....

Well I removed the intake with carbs this morning. Took them apart, found no sign of clogs or leaks. New rebuild kits, base plate gasket on order.

+1
    You should probably do a compression check. Are you still running the oil injection? Did you check those tiny lines?

Yes I am still running oil injection. Oil is running through lines so it should be working fine.

Still waiting for parts

Well all parts showed up other day. Carbs already have the choke valves removed and primer pump installed. After carbs were cleaned jets were replaced, pilot jets were 65's and replaced with 67.5's. Main jets were 112.5's and replaced with 115's. Needle valves 1.7's. The ski already has West Coast flame arrester's, exhaust tuner with muffler, stainless impeller, intake grate and jet nozzle support plate. Jet sizes changed do to bolt on mods. Engine is a SBT that was installed a few years ago.

Engine starts and ran fine on lift. Once lowered into water ski cranks but won't run. When partially lowered into water engine runs rough and final carb adjustment are tough to perform under these conditions. I reset high and low jet screws to specs found in service manual. Should final carb adjustment be performed in water or on left?

Thread Information