Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    mstennes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Columbia River above a Dam
    Posts
    843
    +1
    1

    Fuel pump, RRFPR, injectors or jet pump? Nothing over 7800 rpm

    So my 07, started not running like it should, before I was running 8140-8160, now maybe 7900, but mostly 7400-7600. It also has a hesitaiation it never had before. My mods are X charger, 42# injectors, RIva RRFPR, 4" Kana, Piranaha IC, 15/22 impeller, one of Jerry's water boxes. Any thoughts here? It seems to maintain 50 psi. Any thoughts here? There's no obstruction anywhere in the pump assembly and impeller is perfect.
    thanks
    Last edited by mstennes; 07-18-2013 at 01:53 PM.


  2. #2
    98gsxl951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my ski, on the CT river
    Posts
    879
    +1
    3
    heat soak? this time of year everyone is dropping rpms like crazy begining of the season i was at 8180 8200(80-85 dry) , now im avg 8000 7950.... (90-95* ) even lower rpms when humid

    check your plugs as well, mine had on and off hesitation due to fouling plugs.

  3. #3
    mstennes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Columbia River above a Dam
    Posts
    843
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 98gsxl951 View Post
    heat soak? this time of year everyone is dropping rpms like crazy begining of the season i was at 8180 8200(80-85 dry) , now im avg 8000 7950.... (90-95* ) even lower rpms when humid

    check your plugs as well, mine had on and off hesitation due to fouling plugs.
    That's never been a issue with the 07, the air was maybe 85? Water temp is about 67*. Swapped plugs ran almost perfect, was hitting 8100, than I slowed to about 3000 or so RPM, and when I went to get on it, same thing as before.

  4. #4
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376
    I had something happen to me recently what are your afr's like?

  5. #5
    mstennes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Columbia River above a Dam
    Posts
    843
    +1
    1
    That I don't know, I'm waiting to get a bung welded in and check that one, I set it at 50# on advice from someone here far more knowledgable than most, and it has been perfect for two years, plugs looked perfect, still has 150# psi compression and pulled just under the rev limiter. Now it's a dog, it still pulls like no other but slows down once it hit about 7300 or so?

  6. #6
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376
    have you pulled your pump?

  7. #7
    mstennes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Columbia River above a Dam
    Posts
    843
    +1
    1
    Yes it's clean, I thought the impeller was bad at first as the impeller cone had come off, but its clear from front to back? What boggles me is that if your goosing the the throttle, it has a noticeable hesitation that it did not have before.

  8. #8
    mstennes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Columbia River above a Dam
    Posts
    843
    +1
    1
    So I edited the original post, what should I look at now? Could my X Charger be slipping? It was completely gone through by Jerry before it was installed, Viton seal, the better washers, etc
    Last edited by mstennes; 07-18-2013 at 02:51 PM.

  9. #9
    banshee350racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mokena,IL
    Posts
    170
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 98gsxl951 View Post
    heat soak? this time of year everyone is dropping rpms like crazy begining of the season i was at 8180 8200(80-85 dry) , now im avg 8000 7950.... (90-95* ) even lower rpms when humid

    check your plugs as well, mine had on and off hesitation due to fouling plugs.
    That's never been a issue with the 07, the air was maybe 85? Water temp is about 67*. Swapped plugs ran almost perfect, was hitting 8100, than I slowed to about 3000 or so RPM, and when I went to get on it, same thing as before.
    now i am no expert but my ski lost over 300 RPM's on a nice hot day on my 07. i'm willing to bet that it was heat soak. the reason why it would run better after you changed the plugs you gave it a chance to cool down. i still would give it a good look over to make sure everything is ok. run it with the seat off that will get all that hot air out of the ski

  10. #10
    mstennes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Columbia River above a Dam
    Posts
    843
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by banshee350racer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 98gsxl951 View Post
    heat soak? this time of year everyone is dropping rpms like crazy begining of the season i was at 8180 8200(80-85 dry) , now im avg 8000 7950.... (90-95* ) even lower rpms when humid

    check your plugs as well, mine had on and off hesitation due to fouling plugs.
    That's never been a issue with the 07, the air was maybe 85? Water temp is about 67*. Swapped plugs ran almost perfect, was hitting 8100, than I slowed to about 3000 or so RPM, and when I went to get on it, same thing as before.
    now i am no expert but my ski lost over 300 RPM's on a nice hot day on my 07. i'm willing to bet that it was heat soak. the reason why it would run better after you changed the plugs you gave it a chance to cool down. i still would give it a good look over to make sure everything is ok. run it with the seat off that will get all that hot air out of the ski
    I wish, that's not it though, it was in the am, water is 67* and it was around 70 or so. No its something inside.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FZS loss of power, may be fuel pump...or injector. Help appreciated
    By cmgww in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-01-2015, 11:42 AM
  2. no fuel pump or turnover
    By thegasman34 in forum Honda How To & FAQs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 08:25 PM
  3. X Charger, RRFPR, 42s and upgrade fuel pump
    By R88ory RXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 09:01 AM
  4. Fuel pump failure...rrfpr stock injectors
    By BoostedH23a1 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 10:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •